- Czerwone Maki 85, 30-392 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 10 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals natural gas, electrical power and CO2. Trading offices are located in the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, Dubai and Russia, with many other downstream entities situated across the globe.
Traders buy and sell oil resulting in oil movements, Commercial Operators are facilitating the planning and execution of these deals. Any deviations from the original plans may result in Claims. These claims are part of the responsibility of the Global Operations Commercial Services (GOCS) team. GOCS consists of six different teams managing a diverse set of activities supporting Trading and Supply. The demurrage team, part of GOCS, support: advice, and services to front line trading staff to help them with the day to day deal making process; management of demurrage, post deal expense and claims related to quality and quantity.
The Claims Analyst handles any claims or issues related to the quantity of the product. This might require recovering claims from Ship-owners, Terminals, Insurances or other counterparties.
The key of your role is to minimize the impact of cost claims and maximize the recovery within the contractual agreements. Inquiring and strong analytical skills to understand every detail of a deal, its execution, the technicalities around loading and discharging vessels, a high degree of commerciality and drive to get the best deal for Shell are critical skills to be successful as a Claims Analyst.
You will investigate what happened on a voyage during and after operations have finished; were there any deviations in Quantities throughout the entire supply chain.
Using a commercial mind-set, the you will prepare claims, ensure quick receipt of funds and negotiate with suppliers, receivers, ship-owners and terminals to reduce losses & maximize recoveries for Shell.
Other accountabilities are:
- Ensure all claims activities are correctly reflected in financial and trading systems
- Use a continuous improve mind-set to support process improvements
- Follow internal procedures for approval of payments and settlements
- Follow internal guideline on escalation to Team lead, Commercial OPS and Traders
- Take ownership for safety, compliance and audit readiness
- Support cost reviews and root cause analysis
We are looking for highly motivate people that are result driven and are able to work under pressure. Commerciality, curiosity, attention to detail and solving problems all come naturally to our ideal candidate.
Do you have a track record proving you are a quick learner, a strong communicator and strong at building relationships with your stakeholders? Then we are looking for you. Some other experiences we are looking for are:
- The ability to read and interpret legal language
- Experience in the industry and knowledge of quantity accounting (This is an advantage)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent previous work experience.
- Excellent negotiations and analytical skills
- English min. C1
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain
- Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
- Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more)
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications
- EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.