What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older. At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper. To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
Windows Infrastructure Services Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Windows Infrastructure Services Engineer with focus on Active Directory management and Windows networking services who will join our Windows Infrastructure Services department located in Maastricht and Krakow.
Reporting to the Windows Infrastructure Services Manager (based in Maastricht, the Netherlands) you will be responsible for the Windows related environments, including 2nd-line support and also on duty guard service. You will take care of implementing all Windows related standards, security settings and service provisioning within Sappi Europe, Trading and on global level. The core products in use are Windows, Active directory, Citrix Xenapp, RES one workspace, Exchange, SharePoint (online), MS SQL, Storage (DELL – EMC), Backup (DPM - VEEAM), VMware, Skype for business, (Thin) Client & Server management, VEEAM, System center (SCOM – SCCM), Printing, Mcafee, Office 365, Azure.
More specifically, you will have a responsibility in the next areas:
- Project Management: acting as a project member and monitoring the projects to ensure that solutions, time scales, security and quality criteria are achieved
- Research and Development: researching and evaluating alternatives for the enhancement or re-engineering of the Windows Infrastructure in line with the needs and objectives of the organisation
- Operational Management: monitoring and assessing the Windows processes including assessment and reduction of risks, identifying automation opportunities, ensuring that problems and incidents are resolved and root causes investigated to prevent recurrence, managing configurations and changes to minimise the likelihood of disruptions, unauthorised alterations and errors
- Capacity and Performance Management: provisioning and management of IT infrastructure resources used to support business processes in a cost-effective manner
- Security & IT Continuity: ensuring security to safeguard information against unauthorised use, disclosure, modification, damage or loss, managing development and maintenance of IT continuity plans to ensure timely and effective restoration of services in the event of a disaster, taking care of an adequate antivirus and security patch management so the organization is protected for any kind of security attacks from in- and outside
- Relationship Management: Maintaining constructive relationships with other departments within Sappi, internal and external business partners and with suppliers / contractors
- You are passionate about IT and have an IT-related Bachelor or Master degree or an equivalent level by experience
- Since our server environment is 95% virtualized, good knowledge of vmware 6 and up is required
- Knowledge of ADFS would be an asset
- Knowledge of knowledge of system center
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2016, 2012R2,..), networking and clustering technologies
- You are fluent in English, other language skills are welcomed as well (for example German, Dutch)
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a discrete person with a high sense of confidentiality
- You are customer, service oriented and results-driven
- You are self-motivated, have a proactive personality and work well in a team
- You are flexible for business travel
- Attractive remuneration and benefits package (including private medical care, life insurance, Sodexo, MultiSport card)
- Training opportunities (including introduction programme, e-learning platform, technical and language courses etc.)
- End-to-end responsibilities and direct impact on company's business and results
- Friendly atmosphere and team-work oriented culture
- Work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Fresh fruit and vegetables in the office