Analytics Analyst - Cost Engineering
You will be based in our Wroclaw office and will be part of our Cost Engineering / Product Development practice.
This group strives to improve productivity and effectiveness of our clients by working to develop products and services that fit market needs, are produced with attractive margins, provide platforms for add-on offerings, and enhance the reputation of the brand for future business growth.
The team serves clients in different industry sectors with a concentration in Automotive & Assembly, Aerospace, Heavy Industries, High-Tech, Telecom, Consumer Goods, Pharma, and Medical Products.
What you will do:
- Develop and apply advanced analytics and innovative machine-learning algorithms across large and complex product portfolios to identify technical standardization, opportunities, and commercial saving potentials
- Use X-Ray - a proprietary tool - that generates insights from bills of materials or spend data through advanced analytics and machine-learning algorithms
- Work jointly with McKinsey clients on adapting their product portfolios or category purchasing strategy in practice, as well as with our Analytics teams and Design-to-Value laboratories to turn data into insights, and insights into action.
- Contribute to our way of working, our knowledge and skills and thus continually expand your expertise
- Work in an intellectually-challenging business environment, build strong problem-solving skills and develop team and client leadership capabilities
- Cooperate with McKinsey’s network of industry and functional practices on developing cutting-edge knowledge related to the product development domain, leading various initiatives, and building the firm’s proprietary knowledge on product development related topics
- Master's degree, ideally in product development or other Engineering field
- Minimum 1-5 years of professional experience as cost engineer, category manager or in business intelligence
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated ability to create insights from large data sets; experience with statistics and/ or regression analytics
- Interest in product designs, technical solutions, efficient supplier management, and problem solving in a wide array of industries
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English
- Willingness to travel
We are recruiting both junior and senior profiles, so the role will be calibrated during the recruiting process based on candidate’s experience.
Global & diversified project
Inclusive & non-hierarchical environment
Training & development
Social events & initiatives
Private medical & dental insurance
Polish language classes