Staples Solutions B.V. is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe. Through our integrated offering, Staples Solutions is the partner of choice to meet the diverse needs of the workplace of today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate in 16 countries in Europe.
In January 2015 we opened Global Competence Center in Gdansk. The Center consists of teams responsible for driving major IT and User Experience enhancements for whole European organization, with other teams like Supply Chain, Financial Analysis & Master Data Management also establishing their operations in Gdansk.
AP Expenses Associate / GA backup
Make sure that invoices are received in the right way, processed in the ERP system and to make sure that invoices are paid in time. Any differences,missing data, wrong addressing are detected and taking care of in the agreed manner, following Staples Accounting policy.
- Processing invoices according SOP’s
- Entering correct data into workflow tool performing online checks as specified in the process
-Sorting incoming invoices (according to criteria: document type, purchase order, headquarter or branch, expenses or trade invoices)
-Requesting rescan for unclear images or incomplete invoices
-Checking the supplier data and details in the ERP system
- Reconciliation of the vendor compliance invoices.
- Proactive controls for avoidance of future errors
- Control invoices received vs accruals posted and make the adjustment
- Prepare the netting between interco companies
- Closing of accounts for the month and performance of due diligence as per guidelines – including generation of ERP reports and inputs for accruals
- Country specific knowledge of taxation (VAT) & accounting rules applicable particularly for country-to-country transition
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Academic degree, 3-4 years’ experience
- Good accounting (AP) skills, analytical skills and accuracy with numbers
- Knowledge in G/A accounting, doing reconciliation, prepare accruals, netting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to speak/write in French
- Required language level for daily tasks: B2 English, minimum CEF level B2
- Flexible to work in any shift, positive mindset, loyal
- Self-motivated and team-oriented;
- Alert when something wrong or not understood
- A proactive approach identifying potential problems and issues
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Experience in ERP is Mandatory
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Multisport card, private health care and group insurance
- Relax room in the office
- Birthday gifts, Christmas vouchers, and integration events
- Technical or managerial career path
- Great location - modern office in Olivia Business Center
- Opportunity to join our great football team
- Ergonomic office equipment, e.g. standing desks
- Flexible working hours and home office, if needed
- Multinational work environment
- Possibility of business trips around Europe