About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4100+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies. Please visit our website for more details www.oliverwyman.com
Information Technology Services department
The Information Technology Services department is looking to an architecture manager to support multiple initiatives within our firm. This role will work closely with architects, developers and operational staff with a goal of providing awareness and transparency to the architecture efforts.
This role will lead architecture team to provide technically strong solutions t3hat are aligned with enterprise architecture principles and provide transparency to architecture efforts for projects within OWG. This role will collaborate with other colleagues from across the entire organization including personnel in the ITS and other Operating Company’s IT departments. Must perform the role and responsibilities with a high level of integrity, ethics and commitment to service excellence.
- Provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical, physical, and process views across multiple technology initiatives
- Facilitate organizational change by defining strategies for the firm with respect to technology standards and design goals; evaluate business requirements in the early stages of projects to determine what software, integration technologies, system architectures, and patterns should be employed to meet business objectives efficiently
- Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into specific architectures and design to be used for building systems. Requires knowledge across multiple platforms, processes and architectures, as well as broad knowledge of new technologies and will include directing the design efforts of less experienced architects
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks and increase security
- Lead efforts for technology evaluations, which involve identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products against the desired features; research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POCs) and lab testing
- Collaborate with project teams to assist in delivery of the solution implementation by providing guidance as needed to application, engineering and operations teams
- Establish standards and best practices
- Working with other architects and tech leads to construct a repeatable enterprise architecture solution that is scalable, adaptable, and in synch with ever-changing business needs
- Communicate best practices by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies and otherwise defined best practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years working in software architecture, minimum 3 years in architecture management with demonstrable growth in scope and complexity of the roles filled.
- Experience with Architectural Frameworks TOGAF
- MEAN stack and SQL and open source experience required
- Detailed understanding of development lifecycle and quality assurance phases with extensive experience managing an agile software development group, using leading-edge agile processes and software engineering practices.
- Extensive experience leading architecture definition for enterprise-level architecture artifacts
- Demonstrated effectiveness in executive presentation and escalation management
- Agility to work across multiple levels of the organization from developers to senior managers
- 100% fluency in English is a must
- Extensive experience managing an agile software development group, using leading-edge agile processes and software engineering practices.
- Experience managing complex technical requirements across multiple systems and domains in a multi-team technology organization. Highly organized and effective multitasker.
- Strong understanding of enterprise web application development, services-oriented architecture and supporting technologies, and cloud-based SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS models.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation especially since this role requires influencing stakeholders and partners.
- Powerful communicator, in both verbal and written form, able to articulate concepts and ideas, break through barriers, engage people, and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple technical stakeholders, including executive, engineering, architecture, operations, security, quality assurance, etc.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team. Able to incorporate strategic objectives, commitments, and day-to-day tasks seamlessly.
- Ability to establish clear goals and expectations, prioritize activities, manage risk, and get a team to follow through to completion.
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals.
- Company that will appreciate and reward your innovative ideas
- Working with professionals like you, from all over the world
- Diverse development opportunities
- Flexible working hours, work life balance
- Competitive base salary, very attractive benefits package
- Interesting job in an international and friendly environment