JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank
provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Banking Operations - Control Manager (VP)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Part of the Poland Banking Operations OCM team which is responsible for supporting Core Cash, Trade and Utility functions within CIB Poland GSC.
- Partner with operations, global OCM and oversight and controls functions in managing day to day as well as strategic changes within the business with emphasis on risk management.
- Ensure that the business has effective controls in place to comply with operating procedures, corporate policies and regulatory requirements across the global sites.
- Monitor compliance or adherence to product specific rules and regulations.
- Monitor and report Key performance indicators and risk indicators to management.
- Facilitate SOX testing and related audits.
- Conduct process and control reviews to ensure audit readiness and help the business prepare in achieving satisfactory audit results.
- Monitor and track the Control self-assessment process, ensure actions are in place, and report to the manager any open items and closure of open items.
- Perform process and risk reviews for new products, processes and systems implementations and ensure that changes does not negatively impact the existing control environment. Identify Risk areas proactively to have minimum or no surprises to senior management
- To support development, implementation and administration of a best practice / operational control program for the Cash Operations line of business.
- Develop, implement and administer a quality assurance / compliance program that proactively assesses business unit needs/capabilities and mitigates operational risks through the performance of control self-assessments and by obtaining an in-depth understanding of the overall control environment
- Lead /support business units with risk and control assessments with a goal to design and implement control enhancements (e.g. reviews of new product roll-outs, application enhancements and changes to defined key controls).
- Lead / support periodic business control meetings and support business units with periodic training forums
- Implement periodic key control reviews based on independent analysis (performed by Ops control team) or leveraging processing teams to perform self assessments based on predefined review programs
- Develop / enhance best practice group, responsible for defining / reviewing key Global Fund Transfer & other Cash Related policies and procedures
- Establish communication mechanisms for sharing knowledge with various levels of staff and management
- Help ensure analysis focuses on appropriate key control and root cause issues and are written in a clear and concise manor and are grammatically sound.
- Support various monitoring requirements (e.g. control event enhancements implementations, management reporting, best practice project plans)
- Coordinate with IT liaison to develop a UDT oversight / approval process
- Support all other risk, control and business resiliency initiatives
- 12+ years’ experience in financial services industry preferably in International Funds Transfer
- Ability to work in a collaborative & Complex environment whereby you are able to leverage resources of other groups
- Knowledge of Funds Transfer / Cash Managment Operations necessary
- Sound understanding of risk management, audit methodologies & Fund Transfer Guidelines
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Effective writing skills
- Flexible and creative thinker
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills. Ability to effectively present verbal and written communications in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree in finance / accounting and M.B.A / CA preferred.
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my offer to be processed for the purposes of recruitment, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments).