Big Data Engineer
Miejsce pracy: Warszawa
Ework Group is a market leading, independent consultant supplier in Northern Europe with focus on IT, telecom, technology and business development. Without employed consultants, Ework can impartially match every assignment with the right consultant from the whole market. Founded in Sweden in 2000, Ework today operates in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Poland.
Our client, a big international company from banking industry, is looking for a Big Data Engineer.
- As an expert Big Data Developer you will be responsible for a successful design and implementation of a high-performing, flexible, robust, scalable and easily maintainable global reporting solution for the Bank.
- You will hit the ground running as we already have our first release for each stream in production – one is an end-to-end Proof of Concept for Corporate customer and the other is reporting for Finnish Household customers.
- Your primarily responsibilities is continuous development of the application and be part of merging the two functionalities into a flexible solution.
- You will solve complex problems on a daily basis.
An Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Deep understanding of the principles of distributed systems
- Commercial experience with distributed systems and Hadoop stack (few months at least)
- Knowledge and experience with: Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Scala, Hive, Oozie, Pig, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka
- Experience with NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase or similar
- Experience with building ETL/ETL pipelines
- Production experience with performance tuning of Hadoop/Spark solutions
- Familiar with OOD and design patterns
- Experience from large-scale system integration projects
- Working with RDBMS and knowledge of SQL
- Integration towards RESTful and SOAP/OSB-services
- Knowledge and experience with web servers such as Tomcat, Jetty or Weblogic
- Knowledge and experience with tools like Maven, Git, and the Atlassian suite (Stash/Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Hands on experience with Redhat, Linux shell scripting
- Experience of working with agile methodology will be highly valued
- An interesting job for a big organisation;
- Transparent work conditions with both Ework Group and the Client;
- Attractive salary based on B2B agreement or employment contract.