We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Software Development Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our department team, we are looking for a Cloud Architect with willing to grow in an international environment who is especially interested in building large scale cloud based systems. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed in a tangible product.
ABB Substation Automation provides advanced protection, control and communication technologies to shape the future of the power grid and bring reliable power to all corners of the world. We build mission-critical automation systems for utilities and industrial customers in power, mining, oil and gas, transportation and public infrastructures, delivering future-proof solutions for managing power generation, transmission and distribution systems. Our solutions make use of modern hardware and software technologies to meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our growing Software Development Center in Krakow. Do you want to develop in an international environment and work with the newest technologies? Does the idea of exploring technology challenges and evaluating candidate solutions sound exciting to you? If yes, our offer is worth your attention!
- Support product architects in all aspects of the architectural work especially in the design of new or existing products with a special focus on cloud technologies, data analytics and enterprise software by conducting reviews and architecture evaluations, creating reference architectures and architectural guidelines for use across product lines as well as acting as liaison with Corporate Research and other parts of ABB
- Reduce technology risk for future product development projects by exploring technology challenges and candidate solutions. Explore and evaluate candidate technologies as well as identify their risks. Create and maintain technology roadmaps in cooperation with product management and product line R&D
- Envision new product and solution offerings for our business. Develop, document, and communicate solution concepts for technology challenges in products, and validate solutions through feasibility studies and prototyping. Monitor the technology landscape for developments relevant to our substation automation product portfolio, with particular focus on cloud technologies. Create reference architectures and architectural guidelines for use across product lines
- Analyze system level innovations for impact on individual products and product roadmaps
- Participate in standardization activities, as well as support the introduction of a business unit-wide architecture function and related governance processes.
- Create intellectual property
- Initial tasks may relate to the following activities: migration of existing applications to a cloud platform (Microsoft Azure), data analytics in the power grid/substation automation domain
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Software engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Broad IT/SW background and willingness to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new technologies and application domains with creativity, enthusiasm, and result orientation
- Familiarity with system engineering and software architecting approaches, methods and tools, including design patterns, software product line architectures, and QAW/ATAM. Experience in architecting complex software systems for enterprise and cloud applications. Formal software architecture training and certification is a plus
- Familiarity with common PaaS platforms such as Cloud Foundry and especially Microsoft Azure. Recent hands-on experience in SW development on multiple platforms and languages including C# and C++ as well as familiarity with modern software lifecycle tools, including MS Visual Studio and TFS. Experience with data management frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with working in a fully agile development environment. Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework or other distributed agile frameworks a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Domain knowledge about power systems and substation automation is beneficial
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities