HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Ref No: HTK/GBM/DE/03/2018
- This role is working within the Global Banking and Markets (GBM) division, where technology is central to all aspects of our business – for example electronic trading in the financial markets.
- This eRisk Trading MI (Management Information) team designs, develops and operates a fast real-time, time series database and application processing in excess of 3TB of data per day – translating to over 4 billion records per day - providing services for performing quantitative analysis on vast amounts of financial markets order, trade and pricing data.
- The application’s usage has a broad scope: it is used by front office business quantitative analysts for research and back-testing of trading algorithms, employed for the testing and operation of algorithmic trading systems and used for a wide range of data analytics as well as client, regulatory and internal management information.
- There are increasing demands for services built within the application. The successful candidate will join a new team of 6 being created in our Krakow office, growing our existing global team, currently based in Hong Kong and London.
- The team is part of the wider eRisk IT team, which develops pricing, trading, hedging and electronic algorithmic order systems for Global Foreign Exchange (GFX).
Key Role Accountabilities:
Development of the Big Data analytics real-time time-series platform and services e.g.
- Development of modules and services to be used as building blocks such as data analytics, statistics services, and monitoring and metrics for both business events and system events.
- Design and implementation of data feeds for trades, orders, exchange market data, HSBC tradable market prices and many other sources.
- Development infrastructure and software for load balancing and scaling the architecture to support different business use cases and data growth.
- Development of tools and processes for automated deployment of services to our globally distributed infrastructure.
- Tuning and optimizing services and modules for performance and volume.
- Using the applications functional and vector programming language to analyze and implement business requirements as requested.
Operate according to industry best practices:
- Liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development
- Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
- Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
- Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies, including behavior-driven development with continuous integration / automated unit and integration testing.
- Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
- Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
- Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through torelease to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software daily to production.
- Everyone in our team releases code to production, everyone in our team raises production change requests, everyone in our team does production support. Everyone.
- Participate in intra-day and overnight Support as required.
- Must Have:
- Must be passionate about technology and demonstrate their aptitude for exploring, learning and building technology.
- Computer Science graduate or mathematics background with considerable exposure to programming, although other backgrounds will be considered (e.g. physics, engineering).
- Be able to work well in a team and be an excellent communicator. But also be able to work undirected as required.
- Be interested in solving problems and flexible and adaptable in doing so.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Team player with good communciation skills .
- Ideally Functional or Procedural Programing Experience – any of the below:
- Experience in KDB/q – the language we use. Training in q will be provided as part of this role
- A procedural language e.g. C.
- Any functional programming language would be an advantage (Clojure, Haskell, Scala).
- Experience of R or other statistics/numeric programming language.
- Demonstrable interest and aptitude for data analysis e.g. dealing with large datasets and some basic statistical concepts.
- Experience of working in unix/linux environments is desirable. All our services run in a linux environment
- Interesting – tech focused - path of career in an international organization
- challenging job in young, dynamic team,
- competitive and motivational salary, private health care, employees’ benefits,
- courses & training for our employee.