Data Steward Supervisor – Functional / Regional SPOC
Ref no: WRO001DJ
About Mercury Support Team (MST):
Finance Infrastructure is an internal EY Finance organization that is part of EY’s Global Controllership. Finance Infrastructure helps support several key Finance Products including Mercury (which is EY’s SAP centric platform supporting Customer to Cash processes).
Finance Infrastructure is part of the Mercury Support Team (MST) which is an organization jointly owned by the business and IT. The MST is a centralized and global organization that provides operational support for an integrated, SAP-centric platform (Mercury) and manages and supports the Mercury user community. The MST plays an integral governance role in the global Mercury solution and will evolve to work closely with the business to enable the benefit and value to be realized from the investment in Mercury and to set the future direction and technology road map. Essential Functions of the Job:
- Manage the hierarches, and governance processes to ensure they are maintained, supported and meet current business requirements, including scheduled reviews and updates
- Maintain the current documentation which includes hierarchy, and master data definitions, standards and policies
- Provide expert knowledge through research and acquired business knowledge
- Determine and publish data quality standards and measures/KPIs for master data attribute
- Investigate, promote and recommend new uses and utilization of hierarchies, taxonomies, and governance processes
- Provide a business case and resource estimates for development work required for Governance processes and data quality profiling, monitoring and reporting
- Serve as contributor and subject area expert in the collaborative review of new data designs and development.
- Work with project management and enterprise architecture counter parts to ensure a unified strategy around hierarchies, reference data, and vocabularies
- Evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and work with Information Architecture to identify trusted or best sources of data and populate the Business Data Glossary with that metadata
- Provide input and guidance regarding master data and data quality standards and processes to business and solution teams
- Manage the master data governance processes
- Provide functional requirements for development of governance workflow process development
- Direct the development of governance workflow processes, and coordinate UAT and production roll-out
- Evaluate governance workflow requests to ensure adherence to EY global standards and policies
- Communicate all new, and changes to hierarchies and governance processes to the primary stakeholders and the user community
- Serve as the primary quality control analyst for all master data entities in the primary databases
- Develop and maintain data profiling and monitoring queries, routines and reports against all MDM to ensure a defined standard of data quality for master data attributes
- Audit and report data quality measures/KPIs against all systems to the business units, as they pertain to the master data attributes
- Escalate data management decisions that cannot be made easily or due to unresolved conflict
Your key responsibilities:
- Report on, and support through enforcement, the agreed and signed-off policies mandated by the Data governance policy.
- Identify data governance metrics and execute audits to benchmark the state of data quality, retention, security etc., and its impact on desired business outcomes.
- Regularly expose data governance metrics via standard reporting mechanisms (for example, data quality scorecard or dashboard).
- Engage with business leadership (key business managers, Talent leadership etc.), to quantify and articulate the business impact of violations of policy.
- Develop data quality methodologies to execute data quality improvement projects.
- Actively participate in the design and deployment of applications and data integration processes to ensure standards and controls, to ensure high-quality data is implemented in adherence with data governance policies.
- Reports to the MCCS Data Governance Lead
- Works as required to:
- Assist with training and development of other staff members
- Support staff members in their roles
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Skills and attributes to success:
- Skills that demonstrate the ability to work with multiple business lines to drive governance and stewardship.
- Strong research and analytical skills, as well as, data profiling, manipulation and cleansing experience.
- Detailed oriented, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Multi-tasking abilities and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Desire and aptitude to learn Master Data Management technologies and concepts.
- Able to interpret data from both technical and business perspective
- Understanding of master data management, data integration & SOA methodologies, concepts & approaches
- Demonstrate an inclusive and globally aware mindset
- Ability and flexibility to work in a virtual environment across multiple time zones
- 5+ years’ experience in the data management field,
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to work with multiple business lines to drive governance and stewardship within a global organizations (see below)
- Experience with major querying tools and knowledge of database concepts a plus
- 5+ years, in a supporting role of data or information management involving data analysis, data stewardship, metadata management, data governance and/or master data management in a large business setting.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to work with multiple business lines to drive governance and stewardship within a global organization.
- Experience in change management, configuration management, or incident management would be a plus.
- Experience with major querying, data profiling tools and knowledge of database concepts preferred
What working at EY offers:
In EY you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will get a support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around. You will also find the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in the most beneficial way.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.