Nordea is looking for an ambitious and experienced Teradata System DBA to execute end to end platform responsibility for all Nordea’s Teradata Systems.
The position we offer
We are looking for an experienced team member for a System DBA team within a Data Warehouse environment – primarily using technologies around ETL, modelling, SQL, Data Attribute mapping, Teradata, UNIX and Data stage.
Candidates having Data Warehousing System DBA skills, Hands on experience with Financial Services background is our preference.
The qualifications you need
- Teradata System Database Administration and implementation (5+ years)
- Willingness to be on call during non-business hours for system support
- ITIL way of working in production support environment
- Work with geographically dispersed international teams
You will be working together with a large team of equally highly dedicated engineers and be responsible for running Common data warehouse& Treasury applications Operations, Incidents/problems resolution , managing team backlogs, stakeholder management (Group Functions Information and Reporting, Group finance, Group Functions IT, Data Engineering and Group technology), managing tracking and reporting and line/people management of technical specialists.
Among other things, your most important tasks include:
- The person will work with a cross-section of internal IT organizations, including other DBA's, systems analysts, developers, outside independent consultants and senior managers in IT.
- Contribute to multiple initiatives and facilitate making decisions to solve complex technical problems while working under time pressure
- The person will be required and expected to provide senior level Teradata DBA input into new and existing project initiatives
- Perform Teradata capacity planning including allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements
- In-depth knowledge of Teradata Active System Management with SLES 11.
- Create and execute scripts for various database maintenance activities.
- Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases
- Develop and maintain archival, backup and recovery strategy
- Plan, perform and monitor database backups and Perform database recoveries.
- With the in-depth expertise in the Teradata cost based query optimizer, identified potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing, skewed redistributions, join order, optimizer statistics, physical design considerations (PI and USI and NUSI and JI etc.) In-depth knowledge of Teradata Explain and Visual Explain to analyse and improve query performance.
- Coordinating with Teradata Customer support teams while performing monthly Installed patch sets, maintenance activities, system expansions, floor sweeps and version upgrades.
- Knowledge and experience of Teradata system configuration including implementation and maintenance of PDCR and CPPT.
- The person should have programing and UNIX scripting experience.
- Experience with @TAYS and scheduling fixes/patches/change requests/incidents with Teradata
- Working experience of Teradata UDM, managing and implementing DR server synchronization routines.
- In-depth work experience of Linux
- Work experience of various Teradata data compression techniques
- Work experience with System Utilities (DBS Control, Ferret, Check-Table, Show Locks, and Scandisk utilities)
- Will work with Group Internal auditors to ensure security compliance
- May be expected to work with external auditors if situation demands
For the right candidate, there is great potential to grow within Nordea’s Technology Operations & support Organization.