Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Digitalisation Design Lead
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
This position contributes to ensuring that Royal Dutch Shell maintains a fit for purpose and design effective control framework, with specific focus on the impact of digitalisation and ensuring that the IT control framework and financial control framework manages the risks associated with the development and implementation of new technologies.
This global position will give the successful candidate visibility of senior stakeholders across the both Finance Operations and Finance in the business. It also provides the opportunity for visibility across end to end processes and the prospect to drive forward and influence both global process design and global controls design.
The Digitalisation Design Lead will support the Financial Controls Design & Deploy (FCDD) team’s efforts in maintaining an appropriate control framework in each finance process area as new technologies are used in Finance Operations (FO). The Lead will work closely with the Smart Automation (SA) team in FO to ensure that each development is reviewed appropriately & appropriate risk mitigation is in place.
The role also encompasses specific responsibility for supporting a variety of Management in Control processes and Assurance activities such as:
- Maintaining an effective risk-based financial control framework to ensure that risks are effectively and efficiently addressed
- Supporting the control aspects of new systems implementations, migrations and retrofits to ensure these are successfully embedded in FO
- Supporting FC continuous improvement and initiatives locally
The role will be a key point of interface between FCDD, IRM & the Smart Automation team.
Working closely with the Global Controls Design & Deploy Manager and the FCDD Technical Manager, the role will shape FO’s risk response for any advanced technology implementations and how they impact Shell’s risk & control framework.
The key accountabilities for the role are:
- Support FCDD input to the risk mitigation requirements of Smart Automation (SA) implementation
- Design and maintain the control framework in place for the governance of the SA development programme
- Ensure appropriate links with the IRM community to ensure IT & financial risks are mitigated as part of the implementation of new technologies
- Ensure a robust control framework is in place for EUC technology
- Responsible for ensuring the use of 3rd party services are considered when designing our controls to ensure any 3rd party reliance supports our Sox attestation process
- Deliver day-to-day financial control framework design and assurance for the Data & Expenditure processes
- Responsible to drive / support the delivery of the full end to end SOX compliance program (Risk & Control Identification, Controls Risk Assessment, Green Light Sign off and maintenance, Soft Close, Control Owner Confirmation, Deficiency Evaluation etc.) with specific input on the technological developments that impact the control frameworks
- Ensure that high quality standards are maintained in the update of global controls documentation which is key to ensuring ongoing operational effectiveness of the control framework
- Support interactions with EY on new technologies, support to EY embedding as external auditor including management of EY reliance, FTR scope and earlier planning
- Encourage and support the learning and development within the Function / process, with regards to control and compliance, including providing training /presentation on the control framework and impact of technology to the process teams
- Drive the process related components of controls and compliance related ESSA (Eliminate, Standardise, Simplify and Automate). initiatives i.e. the streamlining and standardisation of controls
- Proactively drive and deliver other special initiatives/ projects for the process teams to further strengthen the control framework
- Background in audit / risk advisory services, with at least 5 years experience of leading projects and interactions with clients, in the area of digitalization and advancing technologies
- CISA or similar IT risk qualification
- SAP experience – GRC / Process Design / Audit testing knowledge & experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder & communication skills with the ability to influence decisions
- Fluent English
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome