At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
EMEA HQ Controller
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader, serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders, through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a EMEA HQ Controller to join the organisation.
- Coordinates month end closing process and finance calendar for EMEA HQ ledger together with Country Finance Manager (“CFM“) team
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of month-end close procedures and preparing monthly financial results
- Builds relations and work with internal stakeholders to obtain relevant information to ensure accuracy of plan and actuals
- Provide financial analysis and commentaries on monthly P&L, balance sheet and other relevant business KPIs, with comparisons to forecast and budgets
- Responsible for solid and accurate management fee recharge model for EMEA region
- Ensures complete intercompany invoicing process from EMEA HQ towards region
- Drives efficiency and improve internal control environment and mitigate risk of any balance sheet misstatements
- Drives effective communication channels with all business finance partners; direct partnering with regional finance directors
- Reviews financial and management reports and follow up issues in a timely manner
- Ensures a solid control environment systems to prevent errors in data collection and reporting
- Issues complete and accurate reporting set to respective departments in a timely manner
- Promotes effective communication between BBC, business and all other corporate departments
- Acts as a regional controller to maintain a robust internal control environment at regional level and ensures compliance to corporate accounting principles and policies
- If you are applying from abroad please reseacrh cost of libving in Bratislava to understand your gross salary expcations
- Ideally a degree in accounting, finance or business management
- Ideally a professional accountancy qualifications such as CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Significant professional experience focusing on financial controlling, planning, forecasting, dealing with actuals and closing for example.
- Experience of dealing with complex cross charging across multiple locations and regions usually found in a HQ or Shared Services Centre environment.
- Strong USGAAP knowledge preferred
- Ability to coordinate complex activities across several functions and regions and to consistently meet strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with excellent ability to detect anomalies and determine the cause
- Team player with proven track record of continuous improvement of processes and contributing to the overall achievement of team objectives
- Min 7 years post-qualification in a multi-national company – complex accounting, preferably in a similar sector
- MS-Office, Oracle and/or Hyperion experience preferable
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Fluency in English is required
- If you are applying from abroad please research cost of living in Bratislava to understand your gross salary expectations
Our belief is that great companies are powered by great people and led by inspired leaders; individuals who are authentic, who embrace new ideas, share a mutual respect for each other and do what’s right for their communities. Every day, we focus on our common goal of improving lives around the world. And we do this by working together and applying deep technical expertise to help our customers solve pressing challenges, with a collective passion to make an impact.
Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. From managing many of the world’s most iconic buildings to making products that help save lives, the breadth of our opportunities empowers you to chart your own path. We will offer you an interesting and challenging position with great personal freedom and professional responsibility.
Don’t just make a living. Make living better.