Engineering/Facilities Area Manager (m/f)
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for an Engineering/Facilities Area Manager (f/m) to lead the team based at our Fulfillment Centre in Poznan.
The Engineering/Facilities Area Manager will support the Engineering/Facilities Manager in all daily business activities as well as project initiatives and will lead a team of Facilities and Service Technicians.
Experience in the following areas:
- Dedicated to supporting multi-site production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self motivated and customer-centric.
- Develop and design solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
- Handle multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
- Ensuring that all safety programs and procedures are followed, develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with operations.
- Help to develop, set and track budgets.
- Mentor all facilities associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
- The Engineering/Facilities Area Manager promotes and conducts good housekeeping.
- Develop training plans for facilities and service technicians
- Develop Preventive Maintenance programs
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials, with the team
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot conveyer and controls components photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, servo drives and frequency inverters etc. with the team
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- A completed Bachelor's, Diploma or Master's degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Automation) from an accredited university.
- Proven language skills in Polish and English
- Leadership experience
- Experience in project management
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical, controls, electronics and PC literacy
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online (in English language) and upload your CV and a letter of motivation in one document (max. 5 MB).
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.