(with Java/Scala background)
In Schibsted Tech Polska (STP) we have freedom to do great work and the challenge of using our skills and ambitions to drive the future of the web. We have an inspiring culture which provides room for growth and innovation. We work for Scandinavian market which is very unique and special also ensuring us to have stable jobs in a very supportive environment.
For more information go to www.schibsted.pl
Schibsted Tech Poland is a core R&D center for Schibsted media houses around the world. With two locations in Poland (Gdańsk and Kraków) we are over 170 developers. If you have an unparalleled passion for web technologies, and a reputation of master developer, there is no-one else we would rather hear from but YOU!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager (with Java/ Scala background) to to oversee our teams responsible for mission critical systems accounting for around 150 million Euros in advertising revenue. Advertising Solutions is a relatively new area in Media organisation which houses engineering teams for our back-office systems used by various sales organisations at Schibsted.
The area will see a lot of changes and active development going forward as we must support continuous changes in our advertising setup and ecosystem. Additionally there is a need to review our tooling and architecture as we evolve the advertising offering to our markets. We might combine existing systems, establish new teams while expanding into new areas and user groups.
Skills & Requirements
- To succeed we need solid technical leadership and an individual that wants to build and evolve an engineering organisation, its leaders and their teams.
- You must be comfortable and experienced in being responsible for business critical systems and interacting with their stakeholders. Experience from managing other managers is a plus.
- You will be off to a flying start to assess the current systems landscape together with existing teams, knowledge transfer from the current team in London while also be hands-on in technical decisions around features and ongoing development work.
- To make you effective in this role we expect that you have a solid technical background and an interest of doing some hands-on technical work with AWS, Scala, Postgresql and related technologies.
- There are architectural decisions that have to be made and open positions to fill through a combination of external and internal hires. You will travel to London, Oslo, Stockholm and possibly other locations to meet with other engineering teams, stakeholders and your product peers.
- You will need to decide on how to organise engineering, form a leadership team and ensure that strong technical leadership is in place for day to day development.
- Together with your leadership team you must establish an architectural vision and a plan for how to get there. As with all live production systems this is essentially servicing the plane mid-air and requires tact, patience and a lot of communication.
- Social benefits (multisport card, life insurance, medical health care and other)
- Mobile phone on a subsidised monthly contract
- In-house English lessons
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work remotely from time to time
- Ergonomic workstations
- Trips to Sweden
- Conferences and seminars run as part of individual training budgets
- Yearly bonus depending on performance
- Option of Employee Share Saving Plan
- Relocation package
- 4 additional vacation days
- 2 additional weeks of paternal leave