Event Coordinator with German
Ref no: WRO0019Y
Event Support is becoming one of the most important aspects of modern and global enterprises’ functioning. It develops as quickly as the business needs for project coordination and management of different activities. What’s more, our global market faces a lot of projects that require communication with German stakeholders. Join us and take part in our exciting business mission as a successful Event Coordinator.
Our opportunity gives you a unique chance to seize – following career objectives in the prospective field within German-speaking environment. You’ll also be a member of one the most attractive professional environments - the EY community.
Your key responsibilities
As a member of our team, you’ll work in a team environment in delivering the needs of the EY global office events with focus on the GSA region. Your virtual support will include tasks around pre-event activities, at event activities and post event activities, not only limited to planning, monitoring and administration of series of activities.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- You’ll have an opportunity to participate in the following tasks/assignments:
- Virtual support of Project Managers
- Planning and managing the required logistics and travel
- On time status reporting and ensuring that all relevant reports are up to date
- Setting up the required documents and SharePoint pages after the event is completed
- Relationship building with key stakeholders
- Clear understanding and definition of customer requirements, liaising at ease with the customers in terms of job receipts, complaints, reporting and reviews
- Ensuring that key commitments of the customers and SLAs are always on track
- Ensures compliance with EY-specific instructions/specifications
- Operational research and obtaining bids for individual events according to statutory provisions and EY's internal specifications (DJ, band, location, catering, etc. as a basis for decisions)
- Prepare the offers from service providers in an overview (ppt, for example) including photos, room sketches, location map (arrival, parking) and first cost calculation
- Operational implementation of a proper participant management and analysis: number of participants, registration/cancellation, confirmation, organization hints etc., hotel room bookings
- Preparation of presentations and concept templates according to EY internal specifications
- General consideration of EY internal specifications and specific event rules
- Working with EY Databases (updating and changing existing data, etc.)
- Other subject-related tasks on instruction of dedicated project managers
The role requires someone who can manage a number of concurrent activities, with strong multi-tasking, prioritization, organizational and time management skills.
- Any graduate or Post graduate education
- 1+ years of work experience preferably in administrative and event related roles
- Excellent command of German (C1+)
- Very good command of English (B2+)
Administration and organization
- Enjoys problem solving
- Able to prioritize effectively
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable using IT database systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong team player who is comfortable working collaboratively with others
- Must be able to work virtually, and independently
- Able to be diplomatic when dealing with clients
Ideally, you also have
- Respond well to deadlines and work outside of normal hours when required
- Comfortable working on a number of activities concurrently
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment and prioritize accordingly
- Professional and diplomatic communicator
- Quality focused and takes pride in paying attention to detail
- Self-starter, who can manage with minimal direction
- Able to interact with senior management
- Extremely organized and enjoys administration
- Able to work in a team arrangement
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and fair knowledge of Outlook and Skype
What we look for
- At least a year of experience working in a team environment handling corporate events such as business meet/events, concurrent training module spanning participants from various locations
We love working with people who are passionate about their job. If you: think that you’re a high-flyer always ready to gain new skills and face professional challenges in an very organized way; appreciate administration, as well as professional and diplomatic communication, it’s a role for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.