Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 43616BR
The role will have a mix of deliverables between accounting and reporting activities. He/she will ensure business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports.
This role will support special projects within Report and Analysis Process and within the immediate team using the skills and knowledge of the individual to drive improvement and support implementation of Global standards. He/she will be a member of team (10-12 Staff), reporting to Team Manager.
- General ledger accounting,
- Period End Close coordination,
- Group Reporting,
- Management Information Reporting,
- Support Statutory Reporting,
- Support preparation of commentaries and variance analysis to Financial Statements,
- Act as first point of escalation for process related items within team, resolving or escalating issues timely and effectively,
- Participate in Reporting and Analysis process projects across various locations,
- Initiate and lead process improvements,
- Comply with team, Shell Business Operations, process and global policies and procedures,
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliation (analyst role),
- Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls over financial reporting within areas of responsibility
- Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operations
- Exceptionally strong team-working across the process area is essential
- Cooperation with multiple stakeholders
- Necessity to constantly update knowledge within finance
- Work in process heavily loaded towards deadlines
- strong background in accounting and reporting, an accounting degree is preferred (ACCA,CIMA would be an asset),
- 5-7 years’ experience in finance, accounting area,
- ability to translate contracts into accounting notes / notes for file,
- ability to quickly familiarize to new business,
- excellent analytical and problem solving , presentation and communication skills
- adherence to processes, policies and procedures
- service minded with a pro-active attitude
- ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others
- ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- excellent communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.