Finance Manager - Global Assurance
Ref no: WRO001DS
As a Finance Manager you will perform role that serves as a business partner and advisor to key business leaders. This role provides critical thinking on business direction, operating performance and financial results, in support of the Global Assurance Service Line leadership team.
This role will establish a trusted relationship with their client, understanding their needs and teaming with other Finance team members to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions. Your key responsibilities
- Support the Financial Planning cycle (MLP, Financial Plan, Forecast) processes, including reinforcing key operating assumptions, challenging Plan integrity and alignment with agreed targets, and providing reporting & analysis for review and approval by relevant leadership.
- Cooperating with Markets Finance to assist Markets, Area & Global leadership with the development and coordination of the annual revenue planning process, including aligning growth aspirations with the Annual Financial Plan.
- Provide financial modeling and analysis services to Service Line leadership in support of business planning and operational decision-making.
- Deliver weekly and monthly performance reporting for respective business, focusing on financial analysis and commentary.
- Maintain a robust month end reporting process, and ensure commentaries are timely, concise, insightful and action oriented.
- Analyze and present complex financial data in a way that is easily understandable. Pro-actively suggest ways to solve problems and to display presentations. Develop and support the delivery of presentations that engage audiences, responding to questions and concerns arising.
- Respond to requests from Finance and SL Leadership to answer specific ad hoc financial questions and provide insightful information to advance leadership discussion and decision making. Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues that need to be analyzed and understood.
- Implement planning approaches that will facilitate the achievement of strategic and operational goals. Utilize the planning process and related communications to achieve alignment of priorities; analyze and challenge Plans, highlighting key issues, opportunities and provide remedial recommendations.
- Act as counsellor and coach to less experienced professionals as required, supporting development and demonstration of Trusted Business Advisor competencies of the team.
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of corporate financial management with concentration in financial planning and analysis
- Highly team oriented approach, with flexibility regarding tasks undertaken and the ability to prioritize a number of conflicting demands to meet exacting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills - can work alongside and gain the trust and respect of stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Credibility and confidence to challenge and propose better ways of doing things as well as build bridges and harmonize divergent interests and priorities
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, excellent presentation and client advisory skill
- Ability and willingness to work in a multicultural and diverse environment and flex style as appropriate
- Strong spoken and written English
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills - ability to manipulate and draw trends from large amounts of data.
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- Spotfire / Tableau skills would be advantageous.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who are eager to be the 'Go To' contact for financial and operational issues while supporting the Service Lines Leaders and act as a trusted business adviser, develop effective working relationships with the extended Finance team and leadership, becoming a key point of contact.
What working at EY offers
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Join us in building a better working world.