Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 55441BR
Accounting and Controlling activities:
Responsible for financial accounting and controlling activities to ensure business activities are conducted in line with the Shell Control Framework as well as with applicable Production Sharing Agreements/Joint Venture agreements and local laws and legislation. This includes:
- set up and/or maintenance of the general ledger and sub-ledgers in ERP
- review and timely submission of returns (Report 1, Sigma, Statutory) and presentation to Finance Manager
- local compliance/branch accounting and including tax reporting
- challenge and review Group Investment Proposal and determine accounting impact (accounting notes preparation) for respective entities
- ensure smooth, best in class governance processes and compliance with Group policies (Risk management, Internal & External audits)
- preparation of joint venture billings, cash calls and payment instructions
- take a lead in managing internal stakeholder relationships within SBSC Krakow, Tax, Legal, Finance in the Business and IT
- supporting implementation/liquidation new upstream entities
- advise on the complex transactions and prepare the accounting notes
- challenge and review Group Investment Proposal
- work closely with Legal, Tax department ,FiB, JV partners to be compliant with local/branch/ventures requirements
The Controller should have the following experience and skills:
- strong background in controlling and accounting, an accounting degree is preferred (ACCA,CIMA
- 7-10 years experience in finance, accounting area,
- ability to translate contracts into accounting notes / notes for file
- ability to quickly familiarize to new business
- excellent analytical and problem solving ,presentation and communication skills
- adherence to processes, policies and procedures
- service minded with a pro-active attitude
- ability to work with virtual teams, across cultures and time zones
- ability to achieve results through influencing and motivating others
- ability to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment
- excellent communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.