At CH2M you will join an inclusive and dedicated team working on some of the world’s most impactful projects. Hard problems energize us, and fresh solutions delight us. This approach has defined us for more than 60 years, and it will drive us for the next 60 and beyond. Close collaboration among so many skilled and creative problem solvers gives us the power to safely and successfully execute almost any client project.
General Ledger Accountant - Kraków, Poland
As our General Ledger Accountant, you’ll be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team as you work to ensure that all transactions are accounted for and reflect our accounting process at CH2M.Responsibilities:
- Balance sheet account reconciliation preparation and review
- Preparation and review of journal entries and accruals
- Preparation and review of Prepaid Amortization Schedules and monthly Amortization journal entries
- Preparation and review of employee benefit schedules
- Global payroll tax analysis and reconciliation preparation and review
- Fixed Assets Register - recording additions, retirements, disposals, posting depreciation charges, preparing reconciliation of fixed assets accounts
- Preparation or review of quarterly fixed assets reporting information
- VAT/GST/HST reconciliations preparation and review
- Intercompany reconciliations and analysis preparation and review
- US entity tax package preparation and review
- Providing support for internal and external audits
- Performing financial statement reviews, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant accounting requirements, internal controls
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 2+ years of professional experience in general ledger.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Experience with ERP accounting systems (Oracle R12 preferred)
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
- ACCA course (completed or in progress) or equivalent would be an asset
- Experience with US Global Organization will be an asset
- International working environment and unique company culture,
- Personal development opportunities,
- Friendly atmosphere in dynamic team,
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualification,
- Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply! It is worth trying!