Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
In order to strengthen our new Financial Hub in Warsaw we are looking for a:
GL Senior Analyst
As part of the Warsaw Accounting Operations hub, this role is within the Record To Report (R2R) function, with extensive offshore support. The function will provide accounting services to more than 30 countries within the EMEA region and across all MMC operating companies.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Assist in establishing an efficient and effective result focused service culture, delivering continuous process efficiency through strong change management and performance measurement.
- Be a champion for change activities that fall in line with global Accounting Operations vision.
- Continuously review and improve processes to achieve and maintain global standardization.
- Support the robust control environment and ensures compliance with all relevant standards.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and interoffice activities within the team’s remit and assist with the exception reporting and perform quality checks on work performed by the offshore teams.
- Review, approve, and prepare requests for ad hoc analysis of various types of financial information utilizing operational and financial analytics as appropriate for the situation.
- Ensure all month-end, quarterly and yearly tasks deliverables are met.
- Ensure that developed KPIs and SLAs are continuously met and adhered to.
- Assist with auditors and audit requirements and SOX testing.
- Provide analytical support related to fixed assets. / Fixed Assets accounting (maintain fixed assets records and follow-up certain accounts), manual JE and Accrual calculation.
- Support journal entry process and month end reporting.
We are looking for:
- University degree in the field of finance, accounting, or economics or recognised Accounting qualification e.g. ACCA.
- Very good command of English – a must.
- Knowledge of any additional language is not obligatory, but will be considered a strong plus.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience within a large Shared Service environment or Finance management with proven operational improvement capabilities.
- Experience of US GAAP – will be considered as an asset.
- Working knowledge of ERP Accounting systems, e.g. Oracle Financials.
What we offer to our employees:
- Work in a people-oriented team with dynamic colleagues and leaders who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients and by ourselves,
- Competitive salary based on employment contract,
- Attractive benefits package (including private healthcare, sports card, life insurance, MasterCard lunch card),
- Office in a modern, ”A” class building next to M2 Metro Line / “Rondo Daszyńskiego” station,
- Excellent personal growth opportunities,
- International working environment.