Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a:
Global Pricing Manager
Work place: Tczew
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Global Pricing Manager you will lead the global product costing, routing, logistics, business case, capital estimation, and new business quoting rollup for Vehicle Group Powertrain organization. (differentials, clutches, transmissions, services). You will leverage deep understanding of Powertrain product cost drivers across regional plants and supply chain options to enable data based business quoting and sourcing discussions. Be the single point of contact for global quoting requests to drive common practices that result in best cost / utilization / capital / labor tradeoffs. You will develop accurate and timely costs estimates and business case evaluations that enable clear communication of the tradeoffs between pricing strategy, negotiation tactics (“productivity”), and overall business profitability & margins
Life- long learner, flexible person with creative ideas willing to move our business to the next stage?
Your key deliverables:
- Lead the cost estimating and business case / quote analysis process and activities related to new product opportunities and existing product profitability.
- Estimate Bill of Material costs, compare against competitive products, and consider the global landscape that includes exchange rates, import duties, and pricing terms that protect the company from exposure to fluctuations.
- Coordinate and complete costing activities with Finance, Product Engineering, Advance Manufacturing, SCM, Sales.
- Estimate new product cost targets, evaluate feasibility, and measure financial performance (ROS, IRR, CFROGC, CONC & Mfg. Std. Profit). Compare performance to competitor pricing.
- Ensure that customer pricing terms formally stated, understood, and integrated into quotes.
- Collaborate with the global Sales, Marketing, and regional leadership to develop market-based pricing targets complying with local needs.
- Review product margins and life cycle data to identify opportunities for contribution improvement.
- Collect competitive pricing data and design/maintain competitive cost estimating databases, to relate TCP cost/price positioning to the marketplace.
- Recommend 3rd party cost estimating tools that may improve upon current systems used.
- Leverage global support teams to enable timely response to growing quote support needs
- Ensure appropriate modelling convention and processes are in place to support the integrity and accuracy of cost information for customer quotations.
- Travel to global manufacturing and supplier locations to collaborate and align on cost model inputs, routings, manning, flow, modeling processes, cost drivers, and quotation preparation.
Bachelor Degree –Finance, Business, Manufacturing, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of commercial business case, customer quotation, and/or product cost analysis experience related to new product opportunities and existing product profitability.
Functional understanding of:
- Financial practices of Plant Controllership / Product Line Finance
- Volume production supply, manufacturing, assembly, and logistics processes and associated capital and cost drivers to enable cost estimating (including casting, machining, fabrication, electronics, and assembly).
- Global customer focused value-based price analysis techniques, including market, customer and competitive knowledge, value proposition, and sales strategy in both automotive and commercial vehicle markets
- Extraction and validation of information from internal and external sources for use in analysis.
- Interpersonal communication and presentation techniques.
- Basic accounting principles and their application to profit contribution and analysis.
- Product development and product launch cycle and activities, including program phase gate processes; design feasibility reviews, engineering drawings, specifications, exchange rates, and import duties.
- Business case and quote preparation processes and sensitivity analysis of global factors.
- Technical cost estimating capability, with strong analytical skills including the ability to improve spreadsheets and other data analysis tools,
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in dotted-line relationship environment.
- Ability to communicate, present, negotiate and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Expertise in spreadsheets (MS Excel), Oracle Databases, or similar, to manage and analyse data
- Proficient in MSOffice Word and PowerPoint..
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.