HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
GRA FCC Data Analyst
Ref No: Ref. No.: GRA/GRA/FCF/DA/01/2018
To be a highly-effective and valuable member of a growing function that performs quantitative and qualitative analytics across a broad range of information/data sets of varying reliability, in order to identify risk intelligence and inform financial crime risk decision-making.
The role demands the independent interpretation of varied data sources for the purpose of search and extraction, in addition to the cleansing, structuring and analysis of data sets generated.
The role is central to the development of a strong global analytics function and is significantly more complex than basic Excel and light touch statistics, which is broadly used in the non-technical analytical community. The role holder should be able to draw logical conclusions from the data, provide valuable insight to the team and compile the data into a form that is understandable to non-data analysts and senior business stakeholders.
The role involves working with different specialised applications to pull data from databases and other sources and use the software to identify patterns and trends in the information. This information will feature in risk intelligence deliverables for senior Bank stakeholders.
The role will include presenting data in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data across the Bank and building or designing data input or data collection screens.
- Appropriately calibrated and applied Financial Crime Risk models helps ensure that risk is more accurately quantified and allocated. This in turn leads to more appropriate risk-return analysis for the business.
- Key to re-development and monitoring of risk models
- Globally consistent processes
- Enhanced data processes to allow more efficient model validation and development
- Lead identification of data sources and obtain appropriate access
- Perform data extraction, aggregation, analysis, and quality checking from multiple data sources using platforms such as SQL and SAS
- Performing ad hoc ETL processes using desktop tools such as Excel;
- The application of statistical analysis techniques (significance, variance, correlations, decision trees/regression etc.) within analytic programming languages (e.g. Base SAS, Hive, Beeline etc.) and Hadoop interface tools (e.g. Platfora);
- The application of context to produce meaningful and actionable intelligence outputs;
- The ongoing development of these techniques and models to improve overall performance.
- The role holder will lead analysis on individual projects and drive their implementation, sourcing qualitative inputs from peers
- Engage with statistician teams during the formulation, implementation, testing and validation of predictive models
- Contribute to the development of business cases and data strategies
- Contribute to analyses that assist management decision in relation to leveraging technical and analytical skills
- Formal documentation of data sources and any processing for sign off
- Any errors may impact regulatory model development or reporting which may result in RWA or damage to our reputation with regulators.
- Work closely with Model Owners and other colleagues in relevant Risk functions to develop and enhance FCC Risk Models to align with the broader risk management framework and model governance.
- Incorporate input from the Model Owners, Region and Business to identify specific risks to be considered as part of the FCC Risk model methodologies.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’.
- The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- As required, support specific model development
- Project Management
- Liaise with regional risk model owners, Finance, Risk Systems and IT
- Organise training initiatives and workshops for the Finance, Business and Risk communities
- Work collaboratively across a range of teams fostering positive working behaviours
- Identification of gaps in risk models and approaches to mitigate
- Ensure effective on-going validation
- Communicate effectively to different audiences, including both business and technical parties
- Maintain cost discipline, rationalise and consolidate expense
- Work with related projects for development of efficient implementation solutions
- Supports change initiatives and embeds within area
- Share best practice learning with wider team and seek continuous improvement opportunities
- University degree in computer science, financial crime or related fields
- Proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development; AML Compliance specific experience preferred
- 4/5 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Good knowledge of Financial Crime and AML/Sanctions regulations and guidance
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex global issues
- Experience across a range of analytical tools (SQL, SAS, VBA, Qlikview, Tableau, Hadoop, Beeline, Hive, Excel (VBA, Pivot Tables))
- Problem-solving and Analytical skills
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.