Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Group Tax Reporting Manager
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
This role provides direct exposure to a number of senior stakeholders within Tax and wider Finance community and the post holder will:
- Provide expert analysis of tax charge and tax balances for Corporate Sector including insightful and relevant commentary on the results
- Ensure Corporate Input to the Quarterly Results Announcement and Annual reports are in accordance with relevant SOX controls and the Control Framework.
- Ensure high quality training material in place based on identified needs of County Tax teams/Finance Operations and Controllers.
- Ensure that high quality relevant Group Tax Reporting guidance is in place to meet the needs of the tax community.
- Work on other matters assigned where value and priorities dictate
- Analysis of Corporate tax charge, tax balances and tax exposures, to facilitate sign off by Group Tax Reporting Manager and ultimately EVP Tax
- Ensure timely execution of the Corporate tax reporting process each quarter, to comply with all relevant accounting standards (e.g. IAS 12)
- Assist in the process of ensuring that Group Financial Report Manual Chapters relating to Tax are kept up to date and reflect changes in IAS12 and guidance is relevant to needs of Tax Community
- Assist in identifying relevant developments in accounting standards and in particular IAS 12 and ensure impact is understood and required actions taken for Tax Community to comply.
- Assist in process of preparing and maintaining high quality training material based on identified needs of County Tax teams/Finance Operations and Controllers. In developing training material seek to learn from other areas of the company with similar training issues.
- Identify Tax Reporting SME’s in the Tax Community (Including Finance Operations) and work to leverage the benefit of that knowledge throughout the tax community.
- Contribute to and maintain the corporate memory by identifying data with permanent value and ensuring stored in Permanent Files.
- Measuring Tax Reporting performance, providing feedback to Country teams and also working with Tax community to continuously improve reporting performance.
- Ensure Annual SOX controls are operated in accordance with Control descriptions.
- Work on projects as assigned.
- Providing relevant Tax accounting and reporting training to a Global tax community with widely differing skill levels and training needs from a central location
- Corporate Sector tax analysis contains specific challenges to understand and communicate complex issues to senior management
- Recognised professional qualifications
- Strong understanding of tax accounting under IFRS
- Substantial professional experience in business taxation
- Experience of working in a global environment and dealing with remote stakeholders/customers
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues, both written and oral, including to senior Tax and Finance Management
- Adapting to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
- Fluent English
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome