HR Operations Lead
Work location: Kraków
As a HR Operations Lead in our Krakow Business Solutions Center (BSC), you will manage a team of HR Operations Specialists responsible for all onboarding or employee lifecycle transactions for the Americas region. In this role, you will play a criticial role in providing excellent HR services, developing strong relationships and establishing a team culture that represents the UBS core values of collaboration, integrity and challenge.
This role will require from you to work in the Americas region supporting shift (8:00-20:00).
The role will be located in the UBS office in Krakow (Green Office).
- Leading a team of HR Operations Specialists to deliver high quality HR services
- Overseeing run-the-bank tasks related to Onboarding or the Employee Lifecycle
- Delivering HR services according to service level agreements by motivating and enabling the team to continuously meet or exceed these agreements
- Being familiar with and adhering to all regulations, policies and processes ensuring your team is familiar with these items as well and updated with changes as needed.
- Contributing to the people management strategy (e.g. training, development, engagement, work/life balance, mentoring, succession planning, compensation, retention); motivating and developing the team through effective monitoring and coaching
- Maintaining consistent service delivery by being proactive and efficient with resource planning and coverage
- Working to manage, mitigate, and escalate all risk items within the onboarding or lifecycle processes
- Acting as a point of escalation for the team and ensure that issues are resolved and addressed accordingly
- Initiating, contributing to and delivering process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- Very good written and spoken English
- Bachelor or Master degree, or relevant working experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience in HR or Shared Service Operations
- Professional communication and stakeholder management skills, ability to build relationships across diverse groups in different locations
- High degree of client orientation and true service oriented mindset
- Strong organizational skills combined with successful time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage workload and team morale during high volume times
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated with a results-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Familiarity with HR applications, offer letters, employee records, backgrounds and employment verification process, e.g. US Form I-9 (for the Employee Onboarding or External Staff lead)
- Strong background of providing candidate care and stakeholder management (for the Employee Onboarding or External Staff lead)
- Familiarity with HR applications, payroll processes, and how they impact lifefycle transactions (for the Lifecycle lead)
- Strong knowledge of employee lifecycle transactions with added focus on terminations(for the Lifecycle lead)
- Spanish / Portuguese language skills
UBS is a leading global financial institution offering services in three main sectors: Wealth Management, Asset Management and Investment Banking. The UBS Kraków has provided services exclusively to UBS since it began operations in the first quarter of 2008. Our teams in Krakow collaborate across many UBS locations and business divisions working on projects with an international scope in finance, analytics, operations, risk, legal and compliance, IT, marketing and quality.
Our offering for managers:
• Tailored Leadership Program to take your managerial skills to the next level
• Attractive compensation package
• Standard benefits such as medical insurance, sports card, annual performance driven salary component, and other UBS-specific extras