- Stanisława Klimeckiego 1, 30-705 Kraków, PolskaKraków, małopolskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 5 dni temu
- Część etatu
- Praktykant / Stażysta
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 18 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Start your career with BBH and learn firsthand about our services, culture, financial services industry and contribute to the development projects in Financial Services Sector. We put a lot of care into our internship programs as they help us identify our future hires and leaders. During the internship you will work closely with Technology leaders and Senior Developers to build data integration solutions in Data Platform team. BBH’s Data platform serves as the foundation for a key set of offerings running on Oracle Exadata and Cloudera's distribution.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop ETL logic and data flows to facilitate the easy usage of data assets, both batch and real-time streaming
- Write Java/Python/Scala code based on the business requirements and technical specification documents
- Develop automated unit and/or integrated tests that will thoroughly exercise component logic
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss development scope, estimate effort and identify solutions to the given requirements
- Partner with the Quality Management teams to assure compliance with the quality assurance standard procedures and protocols
- Provide responsive support for business areas
- Assist with releasing process of the application
- 3rd, 4th or 5th year students of Computer Science or related field and/or with equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Java and/or Python
- A high level of written and spoken English as you will be communicating with colleagues from our global offices on a daily basis
- Problem-solving abilities
- Experience with Big data platform is a plus
- Experience with any ETL tool is a plus
- Availability to work minimum 24 hours per week
Internship duration: 4 months
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to gain practical operational security knowledge, and much more
- Training opportunities and dynamic career development
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside of your role to add value wherever you can
- Daily interaction with team-members across the globe
- Software development of systems which process multi-million dollar operations
- Cutting-edge technologies
In order to apply for the role please send your CV
via Aplikuj button.