The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
Internal Control Advisor
Accounting & Company Control (ACC) is a Group Function in the Volvo Group, with offices worldwide. We provide the Volvo Group companies with rational, cost-efficient and right quality services in the financial areas. We are responsible for all local financial and tax compliance for all legal entities. We cooperate actively with our partners and continuously develop our services and processes to adapt to changes in our partner’s business environment.
We are now looking for an Internal Control Advisor with solid financial reporting and accounting risk expertise.
The Internal Control Advisor is responsible for ensuring the implementation, follow-up and support of transactional internal controls within the Financial Reporting core processes. The IC Advisor supports regional and local management, through assessments of the existing internal controls, to secure a correct level of internal control to enable complete, accurate and valid Financial Reporting.
The Internal Control Advisor supports regional and local management with awareness, interpretation and implementation of Volvo Group policies and directives related to internal control and supports global internal control initiatives.
Main activities and tasks for this position will be:
- Act as a reference for understanding of transaction level controls within financial processes and assist with trainings related to Internal Control areas
- Advise management in designing activities that meet Volvo IC requirements
- Drive evaluation work based on scope by evaluating control design and operating effectiveness
- Support the maintenance and communication of Volvo Group authorization framework and support with issues related to this topic
- Provide support during financial audits to both internal and external stakeholders; ensure follow-up to timely monitor remediation of corresponding audit issues
- Take action to support yearly evaluation of management controls
Qualifications and skills:
- Business degree, preferably an Accounting major or similar
- At least 3 years’ experience within a function related to finance
- Experience from an audit firm is an advantage
- Good understanding of processes flows is an advantage
- Good at building network, internally and externally
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Ability to drive activities independently
- Ability to lead and drive change
- Excellent communication skills
The holder of this job will be located in Wrocław, Poland and fluent English is a requirement due to the different interfaces Internal Control team has around the globe.
In the Volvo Group we are actively working to establish groupings that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc
Reference Number: 79356BR
Work Place: Wrocław