Aptiv, formerly known as Delphi, is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We’re dedicated to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. aptivkrakow.pl
To support our growth, we are currently looking for:
IT Global Unified Communications Manager
The Global Unified Communications Manager role is to provide expertise for all services related to current phone systems and Microsoft Lync; including instant messaging, presence, federation, high availability, disaster recovery, Enterprise Voice, PBX integration, SIP trunks and/or third party audio, web, and video conferencing solutions and their integration with Microsoft Lync and other systems.
This includes working with architecture, suppliers, end users, and Aptiv IT leaders to engineer, as well as proposing process solutions within IT Infrastructure Services based on an understanding and anticipation of business requirements and opportunities, to meet Aptiv’s short term and long term requirements.
The individual who fills this role is responsible for managing actions, outcomes and results. The Global Unified Communications Manager should be technically proficient in all aspects of communications architecture and should remain up-to-date in all UC architecture developments which could be used for the benefit of Aptiv.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing long-term strategic goals for unified communications architecture vision and standards in conjunction with Suppliers, network users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders
- Defining the principles that guide UC technology decisions for the enterprise
- Leading analysis of UC technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture
- Defining requirements for Suppliers to create short-term tactical solutions for UC to achieve long-term objectives and to implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to meet UC technology goals
- Accountable to define the service catalog for all aspects UC services and to develop UC management methodologies & standards
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommending solutions for improvement
- Providing subject matter expertise for selected projects involving the enterprise communications environment in which she/he takes a lead role alongside project managers and business unit leaders
- Liaising, as necessary, with vendors and Suppliers to select the products or services that best meet company goals
- Budget and forecast management for UC services
- Bachelor or Master degree in a related field – Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Telecommunications Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant work experience related to phone technology such as: UCaaS, Microsoft Lync, PBX integration, SIP trunks and/or third party audio, web, and video conferencing solutions and their integration with Microsoft Lync and other systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications, and systems that support Unified communications including audio, video, and web conferencing and IM/Presence.
- Direct experience in implementing messaging, voice and video solutions
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, network modeling tools, network mapping tools, and network profiling tools
- Experienced in managing 3rd party services and interacting collaboratively with them
- Proven project management experience,
- Technical experience / knowledge requirements:
- a wide range of UC platforms, including Microsoft, Cisco and Avaya
- voice and Data platforms (TDM PBX, IP-PBX, Video MCU) Voice and Data Networks
- Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business)
- TCP/IP networking, switches, routers and firewalls, network bandwidth management
- related vendor technologies such as Polycom, Plantronics and Audiocodes
- a wide range of network, PC, and platform operating systems
- current communication protocols, and standards such as H323 and SIP
- network optimization and QoS / CoS techniques
- Enterprise Change Management Process and Tools – ITIL certification preferred
- Possibility to grow and develop Automotive passion working on new Technologies
- Active participation in long term Projects launched for Worldwide known car manufacturers
- Training program and job with most experienced Engineers in Automotive Industry
- Get a list of benefits such as private health care, trainings, sport activities, etc.