Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
This is your chance to make history.
The Amazon IT teams keep our business running smoothly by resolving complex hardware, software, server and infrastructure issues, with both on-site and on-call capacity for our Operations network.
IT Manager (m/f)
Miejsce pracy: Wrocław
As an IT Manager (m/f) you will lead the IT Support team based at one of our Fulfilment Centres, in a 24x7 production environment). Alongside delivering technical support for large IT and telecom infrastructures to a wide and exacting customer base, you will be involved in implementing new systems with new technologies and also solving complex problems.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
You will look after the IT infrastructure at one of our Fulfilment Centres and provide services and support to a wide customer base. The extent of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with all Amazon polices and guidelines, specifically IT and Health & Safety policies/guidelines.
- The coordination of trouble tickets and change management to strict Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Managing projects to support technical task execution and full ownership to ensure reporting and customer satisfaction.
- The development, ownership and management of the IT budget through it’s full life-cycle.
- Ensuring that the IT team is focused on their customers and delivers an outstanding level of service.
- The development of staff in both soft and technical IT skills.
- Staff and team scheduling.
- The management and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- The management of continuous improvement and driving towards operational excellence.
- Inventory and procurement management of IT equipment and services.
- The representation of the site and IT Team in local, regional and global meetings.
For this position we expect:
- A technical bachelor degree; master degree is nice to have
- Management experience in an operational support / production environment as IT / ICT Manager or IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Linux/Unix System Support and/or MS Windows System Support experience.
- Networking knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Fluent Polish language and English language skills
- Data Cabling / Computer Facilities knowledge.
- Experience of developing, lobbying for, owning and managing IT budgets (staff, hardware and software).
- Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, project management experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- Very good English skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability required.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been proven.
- Previous management experience of a support team in a production environment with significant customer interaction required.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where travel is required.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- An understanding of core internet technologies - DHCP, DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems.
- CISCO experience and certifications.
- Certifications in Unix/Linux System Support and/or Microsoft Windows System Support.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
- Help Desk / Technical support experience.
- Service Delivery and Service Level Management experience.
- ITIL and Prince2 certifications.
- IT / ICT further education qualification would be advantageous.
- Ability to develop clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
- Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as IT lifecycle.
- Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement global IT changes.
- Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a proven willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- Experience of working with a distributed team of peers, delivering both locally and across the wider team.
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.