Smith & Nephew is a global advanced medical technology business. We support healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. Since 1856, when our founder T.J. Smith developed a new method for refining cod liver oil, and in World War One when his nephew led the supply of wound care products, to the present day, Smith & Nephew continues to pioneer health solutions.
Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
IT Service Delivery Manager, Network
Over the next 18-months Smith & Nephew will transform the Network Services globally to support Smith & Nephew's growth in a Digital World. This role will play a key part in defining, implementing, transitioning and developing the network service. This role is based in our Tech Hub in Wroclaw and reports to the Network Director and is a member of the Enterprise Technology team.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the efforts of suppliers’ and internal operations teams to manage and maintain BAU service
- Responsible for delivering IT services throughout the service lifecycle within the agreed service levels. Identify service vendors, establish services and manage vendor performance.
- Manage and provide visibility on the maintenance of network availability, reliability, maintainability, outage serviceability & continuity requirements against the cost justified service and operating/service level agreements for the service.
- Part of the team owning all network services including WAN, LAN, Voice & Security systems
- Collaborate and leverage IT competency centres and shared services
- Ensure sufficient communication with key stakeholders
- Typically has 10 years of IT work experience, with at least 5 years of service and delivery management experience in global and complex environments
- 2 to 3 years of managing a global network service provider on behalf of an enterprise; or 5 to 6 years of leading a global network service provider’s delivery into an enterprise
- Leadership of similar scale network transformation, including selecting a service provider, building transformation plans, service transition and bringing into steady-state
- Experience of setting network strategy, proposing improvements, building a business case and initiating network projects
- Good understanding of network technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS, VPNs, Routing, Switching & Voice protocols
- Bachelor's degree in computer science / information technology or equivalent experience
- Training/certification in ITIL, Agile, preferred
- Industry Certificates such as CCNP highly advantageous
at Smith & Nephew we offer
- Private health care | multisport card | life insurance
- Subsidies for trainings | postgraduate studies
- Annual bonus | sharesave plan | going extra miles program
- Subsidized meals and fruits | integration parties
- Flexible working hours | possibility of working remotely
- Possibility of growth in the life sciences start-up company
- Caring, collaborative and courageous business environment
- Relaxation zones in the modern workplace