Your journey begins here!
Java Software Engineer
'Five years from now we'll be active in areas we haven't yet dreamed of'.
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom
With over 1 billion drivers on the road, traffic congestion is a problem felt all over the world. We're contributing to reduce traffic congestion by opening up our unique real time and historical traffic content to governments and enterprises.
Today we are only just beginning our journey to reduce traffic congestion. Our mission is difficult and there will be many challenges along the way, but we are committed to playing our role in developing a world where everyone has more freedom to move.
Learn more at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rc12x-XlYQ and www.tomtom.com/manifesto
Where do you want to be?
We are looking for the brightest minds in Java Software Engineering to join our development team within the Traffic & Travel Information Product Unit.
As a member of the team, you are asked to deliver the following:
- design, implement, review, test and maintain algorithms and functionality
- continuously improve our working process, code quality and participate in code reviews
- devise and prototype new product ideas
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Software Engineer at TomTom but to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Computational Physics, Mathematics, Engineering or a closely related field
- 3+ years of experience in Java and technologies like Spring, REST, Hibernate
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Positive approach and good communication skills
- Good command of English
What do we offer?
- The chance to work in a team which decides on the way it works and on the technologies it uses
- Ability to decide and be responsible for the software
- Low level of bureaucracy
- Benefits such as private medical care, collective health insurance, 50% discount on TomTom products, benefit program, lunch card
- Market rate salary
TomTom empowers movement. Every day millions of people around the world depend on TomTom to make smarter decisions. We design and develop innovative products that make it easy for people to keep moving towards their goals. Our map-based components include map content, online map-based services, real-time traffic, and navigation software. Our consumer products include PNDs, navigation apps, and GPS sports watches. Our main business products are custom in-dash navigation systems and a fleet management system, which is offered to fleet owners as an online service with integrated in-vehicle cellular devices. Our business consists of four customer facing business units: Consumer, Automotive, Licensing and Tomtom Telematics. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Amsterdam, we have 4000 employees worldwide and sell our products in over 36 countries. For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com
For the full story about the vacancy (ref job 23242) or procedure, please click on www.tomtom.jobs or contact Monika Wieczorek