The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PRESENTATION
Please send your CV and cover letter.
We are looking for a person to investigate requirements, design and develop web interface for Volvo’s global systems (e.g. system for managing service contracts, masterdata system for retail network). The web interface (react/redux) communicates with an IBMi backend with RESTful services.
- Work with business on requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Coach other team members
- Follow and investigate of new IT trends to catch opportunities to improve the solution
- Contribute in Group IT communities and bodies
- Experience with any of the following modern web frameworks (React, Angular, Bootstrap, Vue)
- Experience in React/Redux application development will be an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Working experience using GIT, Npm, Webpack, Jenkins, Maven and similar tools and technologies
- A passion for front-end design and/or web application development and learning new technologies
- Comfortable with SQL
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other team members
- Experience with working in an Agile development process
- Experience with REST API – an asset
- Knowledge/experience on IBMi and RPG - an asset
- Very good English communication skills
What makes us special?
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- Partnership with professionals, identified career paths including global opportunities
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
- Friendly workplace: modern campus with many facilities – medical center, restaurant, lunch rooms, sport/leisure area (football, basketball, tennis)
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
Work Place: Wrocław