Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global investment management organization for more than 65 years thanks to our greatest assets - our employees. With over 9,000 employees working in 35 countries around the world to service over 240 financial products, we offer an exceptional range of diverse career options. Our corporate values reflect the best of our employees. We believe in putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.
Lead Research Analyst
The Lead Research Analyst will lead a small team of Research Analysts responsible for research and analysis of economic, capital market, and investment data. The research produced by the Research Analyst will be used outside the firm in thought leadership, campaign and product materials.
- Observe trends in financial markets and remain aware of key topics relevant to the distribution of investment vehicles.
- Evaluate what a stakeholder wishes to communicate and translate this communication objective into a hypothesis that may be tested.
- Design research methods to test hypotheses using the wide array of data sources and tools available.
- On a self-directed basis, iterate on research and analysis until recommendations are clear.
- Communicate the results of research and analysis to inform and persuade stakeholders.
- Visualize the results of research and analysis for consumption by different audiences.
Ideal candidate has:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration (Economics, Finance, Computer Science) preferred
- Master’s Degree - Business Administration (Economics, Finance, Computer Science) preferred.
- Completion or progress towards completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation preferred
- 5+ years job related experience in the financial services industry or in either the consulting, research, or data services industries working with financial services clients
- 1-2 years of supervisory/management experience within a corporate environment, with a focus on staff development, team building, client collaboration, and employee engagement
- Solid knowledge of mutual fund market, including investment vehicles and industry regulations, and research methodologies
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: formulas, functions, charts, pivot tables, macros
- Solid database (SQL, Access) Skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills required.
- Skilled in using third party quantitative research systems, such as Bloomberg Professional, Factset Premium and Morningstar Direct
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
DESIRED LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Supervises a team of individual contributors
- Provides hiring, termination, promotion, and merit recommendations to management
- Ability to provide direction and constructive feedback to staff
- Completes formal staff performance evaluations
- Ability to maintain a professional image as well as confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- May be required to travel to and from FTI offices (infrequent)
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location (Malta House)
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, MultisportCard, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events