With around 31,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
We are looking for a strong candidate for the position “Local Procurement Partner,” based in Łódź/Warsaw.
Provide role as primary Procurement Business Partner for the site(s) under their responsibility. This includes:
- Translate requirements of business requestor to Procurement activities
- Work in cooperation with Project Management Lead and procurement Lead
- Monitor progress of request and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor
Gathering requirements for global strategies and plans, and providing support for local implementation of global and regional initiatives as requested
Driving procurement penetration and compliance across indirect spend for the site(s) that they are responsible for and ensuring this spend is channeled through the appropriate processes
Support implementation of new processes and technologies under guidance from Procurement Leads and in alignment with global Process and System team
Ensuring that Procurement targets at site are aligned to the Region and Category team planning
Perform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their position
Provide first line support to end-users for operational issues, customer service issues or other issue areas that directly relate to the sites that they are responsible for
There may be a requirement to perform ad-hoc operational buying activities (e.g. spot buys) within the site(s) under their responsibility for indirect spend with low level thresholds that are not covered by the Operational Buying team.
What you should bring
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree level educated, with business related degree preferable
- Business level fluency in primary language in site(s) under their responsibility
- 5+ years Procurement experience with experience in supporting cost reduction projects, value improvement programs, basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated understanding of how to translate business requirements into Procurement operations and specifications with best value and customer service in mind.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in Category. Management principles and frameworks
- Demonstrated understanding of some / all of the major indirect spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals
- Proficient in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools
- Proficiency in basic MS Office© software and other business systems (Ariba, Emptoris Mpower, SAP etc.)
- Any Professional Purchasing or Finance related licenses
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to pay tools such as Ariba, Emptoris, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred
- Competence or fluency in other regional languages, English and / or Japanese strongly encouraged
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) up to 30% for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.