What if you were given the opportunity to make a difference? It`s time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities! This is your opportunity to be a part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history while creating future success. We are an established and expanding Global Business Services Center in Krakow. Thanks to our engaged employees and operational excellence we provide advanced services in the areas of Finance, IT, Global Sourcing, Supply Chain and Global Customer Service. You have the opportunity to contribute your unique talents as you develop a rewarding career and learn from experts in our diverse and international work environment.
Mill ITSS Application Specialist
Location – Gdańsk
- An interesting position in modern mill environment, where main responsibility is the delivery and support of consistent, innovative and cost-effective Manufacturing Excellence Applications by working within the standards and guidelines set by the Business Information Management, Process Information Management and IT Shared Service organization.
- A developing work, where you will collaborate with Process Control, Maintenance and other mill functions, who are your customers, to provide, enhance and maintain systems, software tools, and applications used to collect/analyze and archive manufacturing data in the daily 24x7 support of mill operations.
- A participation in large projects responsible for implementation of standard tools used.
- A part of global team, where you will have an opportunity to work with multiple languages and cultures.
- Be responsible for performing the tasks associated with supporting the Mill Information Systems (Manufacturing Excellence Applications).
- Be responsible for support, and implementation of new and existing enterprise/business/operational applications related with Manufacturing.
- Will work with Mill BIM, Mill personnel, and the IT leaders to understand and prioritize the Information Technology requirements at the mill.
- Collaborate closely with other ITSS, local BIM team to deliver timely, cost effective, solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Be expected to execute key tasks within a project plan and communicate/coordinate changes to all involved parties. Key customers include plant operators and supervisors, technical and business groups, and mill management
- Provide business and operational support for information technology solutions utilizing mill information systems & assets with a primary focus on continuous improvement of product production quality and manufacturing cost optimization
- Work under consistent standard application support process (including: incident tracking, break/fix handling, maintenance, change process, incident communication, security compliance, monitoring) in order to align it with Global IT Operating Model.
- Strong background in Personal Computer/Server hardware and software platforms
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing applications / systems / interfaces
- Experience in web/windows applications support (Nice to have)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Self-motivated and team player
- Good organization and planning skills
- Quick learning skills
- Desire to continue hands on development & design activities
- Desire to continue on technical/analyst individual contributor job path
- IT University degree
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Other language such as Spanish or French or Russian will be an additional asset