Amazon recruits talents from the top business schools in the world into the The Pathways Leadership Development Programme to prepare the programme members to take on a leadership position within WW Operations/Customer Fulfilment and Customer Service.
Are you excited about finding solutions for complex challenges?
Would you be up for the challenge of leading big teams?
Is it your goal to fast-track your career and become a senior leader in a Fortune 100 company?
Are you studying towards a top MBA? Or have you already obtained PhD or MSc in Supply Chain or Engineering diploma?
Perfect. Keep reading.
Pathways Operations Manager m/f
Miejsce pracy: Sosnowiec
What is this programme about?
This programme is a carefully planned series of progressive steps through Customer Fulfillment or Operations:
Step 1: You will be hired as an Operations Manager, but start as an acting Area Manager where you will be leading a team of 30-100 associates in one of our Fulfillment Centers. This is for you to learn Amazon’s processes and become a Subject Matter Expert before starting as an Operations Manager.
Step 2: After 6-12 months, you will become an Operations Manager leading the Area Managers as well as managing projects with a nationwide or European wide scope.
Step 3: In the Operations Manager role you have the opportunity to do a rotation into another one of the many business areas Amazon operates in or transfer to another country.
Step 4: You did it! The programme ends here and you are being promoted to a Senior Operations manager.
In sum, this programme is your fast-track to leadership that provides all candidates with a toolbox to excel in senior positions. The average time of the programme is 2-3 years, but the actual time of completion depends on your own development
- You’re currently enrolled in an MBA, PhD or MSc in Logistics/Science/Engineering, or you’ve already graduated;
- You possess at least 3-5 years of previous experience in: Operational Logistics, Manufacturing, Engineering, General Management or Supply Chain and Transportation Management.
- You have demonstrable leadership ability, with a flair for managing others;
- Your interpersonal skills are exceptional – with multiple stakeholders, at varying levels of seniority;
- Strong analytical skills accompany your sound business judgement;
- Flexibility is a necessity; moving between our European sites shouldn’t be onerous for you.
- An adept communicator, with near/native-level ability in both written and spoken English;
- You’re also fluent, at a conversational level, in Polish.
How does your day as a Pathways manager look like?
- You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety
- You’ll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems,
- You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of process quality,
- You’ll become a subject matter expert on larger FC processes and activities,
You’ll also get to enjoy annual gatherings with other Pathways candidates to discuss projects, exchange ideas, and reflect on your experience as a whole. On top of all your learnings, we also provide you a competitive salary offer, an innovative environment and relocation assistance (if eligible).
Pathways opportunities may be located in Poland (Wroclaw, Poznan, Szczecin or Katowice)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider