At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is a Fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Payroll Subject Matter Expert with German
The Payroll SME will be closely working together with her colleague in Vienna/Austria and the Payroll D-A-CH (Germany-Austria-Switzerland) team located in the respective countries and in Wroclaw. The SME will report to the Payroll cluster manager located in Böblingen/Germany being responsible for the following countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary.
Your responsibilities will be focused on three major areas:
- You ensure – in collaboration with other team members, external payroll providers and internal departments - accurate and timely processing of payroll for Austria. It includes the collection, monitoring of interfaces, preparation of data, controls and finalization of monthly payroll cycles
- As a part of possible development and additional stretch assignment you will have the opportunity to learn German and/or Switzerland payroll to support the Payroll D-A-CH team
- You undertake the required reporting, both internal and statutory reporting related to Payroll.
- You collaborate with the payroll accounting department to ensure proper data flow and reporting of payroll transactions into the General Ledger
- You respond to questions/ queries related to payroll and time & attendance information (within standard HR policies), provide requested payroll certificates to employees and solve complex payroll matters in a timely manner that meets service level agreements
- You support the expatriate process of employees with international assignments, in collaboration with external vendors and global mobility teams
- You justify the calculations towards Audit and Financial departments
- In coordination with the rest of the team, you set the yearly payroll calendar, determining the payroll cycle and communicate this with the 3rd party
- You support any MADO (Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures and Outsourcing) deals from a payroll perspective
- In cooperation with our payroll transformation team, you will actively participate in all potential payroll transformation projects (system changes, vendor changes) impacting the payroll activities for Austria, by defining the proper requirements, identifying risks, conduct testing and manage changes with local actors.
Continuous improvement & communication:
- You guarantee a consistent and fair service to all customers
- You constantly seek opportunities to streamline processes and procedures and drive self-service concepts and automation, with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement
- You liaise with colleagues and other internal teams (e.g. Finance, HR, IT) on process management, to resolve any issues and to better serve the customers
- You drive projects to increase the efficiency with regards to the collaboration with 3rd party payroll providers
- You share your expertise in a natural way with other team members and contribute to a knowledge management culture by producing clear process documentation
- You are a change agent and actively support the alignment of processes and roles with Finance and HR
Knowledge and experience:
- You have at least 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in Austrian payroll and knowledge of Austrian labor law. German and/or Switzerland payroll experience is a plus
- You have preferably a relevant experience with the BMD payroll system and/or P&I LOGA payroll system and WORKDAY time tracking and absence management
- You are fluent in German and English
- Experience working in an international/global payroll organization is an advantage
- You understand and can interpret complex payroll legislation and processes
- You have a good expertise in payroll tax matters and can advise on proper tax treatment of compensation and benefits.
- You have a very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Power point and Word)
- You have excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- You are accurate and able to work with deadlines
- You are customer focused and pro-active
- Your analytical skills allow you to understand complex information and to spot key data for your area of activities
- You are a flexible team player who strives for a common goal
- You have a pro-active approach to problem solving and demonstrate initiative
- You are stress-resistant in a dynamic and international business context, you are flexible and used to autonomous work and priority-setting
How will we help your personal and professional development?
- We don’t label you or your performance we look to help you grow your unique potential
- Special annual Finance Days dedicated to innovation in the profession, directly hearing from our Chief Finance Officer and other key executives
- Skill Champions Development program lead by passionate team members to help you learn while they learn from you as well
- Talent management program and Learn2Lead training workshops to accelerate high-potentials career development
- New disruptive technology introductions sessions
We love our work environment. We think you will too:
- It’s a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to max
- Work-life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large
Your additional benefits package:
- Medical package for you and your closest family
- Life insurance package
- Wellness program, Multisport card and free coffee, tea, sandwiches and fruit
- Special offers from theatres and cinemas
- HP employee product and vendors discount program