Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Are you an experienced software engineer particularly interested in performance engineering? If software performance efforts is something that rocks your boat, then we have a perfect opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a Performance Engineer to join the team of seasoned performance experts responsible for improving performance of our main product – the Pega 7 platform. We are seeking someone with strong software development background and who is keen on improving the performance of software. Join the team of professionals and take the performance of our platform to the next level!
As a Performance Engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain performance testing tools and infrastructure.
- Develop performance test automation solutions using both in-house developed tools and third-party automation tools.
- Build, maintain and improve the Performance Test Lab and allow other teams to use it as a service.
- Maintain existing as well as design and implement new performance benchmarks. Drive the increase of performance benchmark coverage.
- Monitor product performance by providing performance metrics.
- Implement and execute performance tests; analyze test results and identify performance issues.
- Provide information about product performance and scalability as well as recommendations.
- Identify performance and reliability gaps of specific product areas and/or applications built using Pega 7. Drive the improvement of identified gaps.
- Drive the performance improvements by making sure reported product defects are addressed.
- Share the progress and present work results to product management and other stakeholders.
- Evangelize the importance of performance amongst the Engineering organization.
- Provide best practices for writing high performance code.
- Provide assistance and expertise to other engineers.
- Identify technologies and trends to improve performance testing practices.
Performance Engineer at Pega:
The ideal candidate will have software engineering background and practical experience analysing performance and reliability of complex full-stack web systems. The Performance Engineer is expected to show initiative, think and act independently, but also must value teamwork as they will improve our first-rate software in a fast-paced and collaborative setting.
Ideally we are looking for:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science,
- Min. 3 years of experience in a technology development role,
- Solid knowledge of Java and experience working with different JEE technologies,
- Knowledge about key factors affecting software performance,
- Good knowledge about JVM internals,
- Experience conducting performance or reliability analysis of complex web systems on multiple stack levels,
- Experience with relational databases,
- Good debugging skills,
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills,
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Good command of the English language,
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Nice to have skills and competencies:
- Experience designing high-capacity, large scale architectures with rigid performance constraints,
- Knowledge of automated performance testing tools and techniques (Webdriver, JMeter, Gatling, etc),
- Experience with executing various types of performance tests,
- Experience with profiling tools (Yourkit, JFR, etc),
- Good knowledge of script languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy,
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams and diverse stakeholders including technical leads, business users, and executive management,
- Experience with virtualization,
- Cloud (AWS) experience,
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment,
- DevOps experience.
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on the world’s market-leading organisations.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- Possibility to obtain in-depth understanding and practical functional experience of performance aspects of large full-stack, Java-based software products.
- Opportunity to work with a group of software performance gurus.
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks.
- Attractive salary and package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours - in a very hi-tech new office!
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives and have chill rooms.