Production Controls Engineer (m/f)
Come join one of the world's most customer centric companies, we are experiencing growth not only in the number of products & categories we can offer but we are also reaching more customers every day and providing a unique online shopping experience.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Production Engineer (m/f) with Controls Background to join the team at our new Fulfillment Center (FC) in Bielany Wrocławskie, close to Wroclaw.
The Production Engineer (CSS) will ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed. This position will also provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment. The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful Production Engineer (CSS):
- Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
- Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change
- Familiarization with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC processers and input/output modules.
- Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
- Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Facilities Engineering team.
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Undertake industrial engineering design on existing material handling modules within European network
- Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
- Support commissioning of new automation elements
- Actively participate in local or EU network level control projects and Initiatives
- Provide value engineering/ value analysis
- Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
- Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards such as QS 9000, ISO 9001
- Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development
- Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
- 2+ years of control system working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
- Experience in Siemens And/or Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis
- AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schemetic.
- Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity
- Strong analytical skills
- A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
- Open and proactive communication in a multi lingual environment
- Ability to operate in open organization structure
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
- Knowledge of Six Sigma analytical and process improvement techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in Polish, English, both verbally and written communication, including report writing skills.
- A 2 year+ professional electrical or mechanical training degree or BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language desirable (French & German are an asset)
About our rewards
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV (max 5 MB) on our career page, stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.