Production Controls Engineer M/F
Come join one of the world's most customer centric companies, we are experiencing growth not only in the number of products & categories we can offer but we are also reaching more customers every day and providing a unique online shopping experience.
Since 1995 we have been working with our great customers to change, challenge and innovate the online shopping experience across Europe. We've since grown to become one of the world's leading names in e-commerce and now offer everything from DVDs and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond rings.
At Amazon, our continuing growth means that when we say we're going places, we really mean it. Driven by the need to meet customers demand and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our business right across Europe and expanding our teams in our Fulfillment Centers across Europe
Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. But we don't plan to do it by ourselves. That's why we're offering competitive relocation packages from across Europe. So whether you're fresh from Highschool, College or University and have great analytical skills, or you're experienced, this is your invitation to come and help us discover tomorrow.
As a result of continued rapid growth we are currently seeking a Production Engineer with Controls Background.
The Production Engineer (CSS) will ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed. This position will also provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment. The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful Production Engineer (CSS):
- Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
- Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change
- Familiarization with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC processers and input/output modules.
- Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
- Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Facilities Engineering team.
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Undertake industrial engineering design on existing material handling modules within European network
- Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
- Support commissioning of new automation elements
- Actively participate in local or EU network level control projects and Initiatives
- Provide value engineering/ value analysis
- Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
- Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards such as QS 9000, ISO 9002, ISO 14001 and LAPS
- Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development
- Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
- 2+ years of control system working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
- Experience in Siemens and/or Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis
- AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schematic.
- Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity
- Strong analytical skills
- A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
- Open and proactive communication in a multi lingual environment
- Ability to operate in open organization structure
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
- Experience with email and MS Excel
- Knowledge of Six Sigma analytical and process improvement techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Up to 20% of regional travel is required.
- A 2 year+ professional electrical or mechanical training degree or BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language desirable (French & German are an asset)
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.