De Gruyter Poland, operating under Sciendo brand (www.sciendo.com), is one of the world’s leading companies providing professional publishing services to the academic market. The company is owned by De Gruyter (www.degruyter.com), an academic publishing house based in Berlin, Germany. We are looking for candidates for the full-time position of:
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (100 % REMOTE)
- Supervise book and journal production process (copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, electronic publication and printing).
- Online publication of books and scientific journals.
- Technical control of the quality of content files.
- Implementation of event and abstract management systems for conferences.
KEY SKILLS & TRAITS:
- Very good English; good German will be an asset.
- Previous experience in DTP desired, but not essential.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), HTML will be an asset.
- High affinity with Internet.
- Ability to work from home (own room, computer, internet).
- Articulate, proactive, good communicator and outgoing with strong and effective organisational skills.
- Responsible position in a technology-rich company.
- International working environment.
- The benefits of working from home.
- A chance to hone your skills or learn something completely new in a truly innovative industry.