At CH2M you will join an inclusive and dedicated team working on some of the world’s most impactful projects. Hard problems energize us, and fresh solutions delight us. This approach has defined us for more than 60 years, and it will drive us for the next 60 and beyond. Close collaboration among so many skilled and creative problem solvers gives us the power to safely and successfully execute almost any client project.
Project Buyer - Krakow, Poland
- Is responsible for procurement and sourcing activity in line with client project needs covering various spend categories
- Reviews and negotiates international contracts, with focus on North America
- Administers purchase orders, including change order processing (creating modifications), contractual compliance, and invoice verification
- Evaluates facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determines the most appropriate remedial actions, and implements such actions through available means
- Identifies and advises management of procurement agreement related risks
- Maintains purchase order and purchasing process documentation
- Ensures realized savings tie back to departmental budgets
- Performs savings tracking and reports realized savings on a continuous base
- Uses superior interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with other buyers, stakeholders and functional partners at all levels of the organization
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Administration, Law or Economy
- Some experience within various Procurement spend categories including preferably professional services (for example architecture, engineering, land surveying), technical services (well drilling, laboratory etc), consulting services and similar
- Knowledge of Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Strategic Sourcing process and methodology
- Experience in understanding, negotiating and where needed drafting commercial supplier contracts, preferable in an international environment
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Any other languages may be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Available to work from 12pm – 8pm local Krakow time, Monday to Friday to be able to interact with stakeholders and suppliers from North America.
- Experience with US or Canadian commercial contract law is an asset,
- Working knowledge of enterprise procurement systems (Oracle, Ariba) would be an asset,
- Willingness to learn specialized skills related to conducting procurement in the USA, such as US Federal procurements subject to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Department of Defense FAR supplement (DFAR).
- International working environment and unique company culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere in dynamic team
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualification
- Benefits package including medical care, insurance, sport activities and other
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.