Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, industrial gas turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
In our facility in Niepołomice we are desigining, manufacturing and testing gas turbine valves and associated fuel control products.
Join our Power Solutions as a
Protection Application Engineer
Miejsce pracy: Niepołomice
Reference number: 1700988
Woodward Power Solutions is focused on sales, design, production and servicing of electrical equipment for power generation plants. This includes control, protection and visualization systems for all prime movers, power generation systems and power distributing systems.
- Network Studies for Power Generation Plants, mainly supplied by MV generators driven by fuel and gas engines as well as steam and gas turbines. Hybrid Power Generation Plants with additional photo voltaic power, wind turbine and storage systems have to be covered as well.
- Dimensioning Studies (max. short-circuit current calculation and load flow calculation)
- Protection Studies (min. short-circuit current calculation and coordination studies)
- Fault Event Studies (investigation of transient events as motor start-up, load switching and loss of network elements (e.g. utility grid transformers or MV generators) as part of a stability study.
- Network studies to be performed by PowerFactory a leading power system analysis software tool; among other modules the following modules are needed: short-circuit analysis, load flow analysis, MV/LV network analysis, motor starting model, stability analysis and electromagnetic transients module;
- Development, modification and implementation of dynamic models with PowerFactory using Matlab / Simulink.
- Verification of Protection Settings and according coordination via Omicron test equipment.
- Detailed technical clarification of network study related topics with customers and other relevant 3rd parties (e.g. data of network elements, definition of network topologies to be evaluated).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor/Master degree as an electrical engineer specialized in energy / power generation technology; further orientation towards protection engineering is desirable.
- 1 - 4 years of professional experience in network and protection studies.
- Professional knowledge of network studies, i.e. dimensioning studies and protection studies.
- Solid experience with PowerFactory or an equivalent power system analysis software expected.
- Good knowledge of modeling with PowerFactory resp. Matlab/Simulink; this includes knowledge about model development processes and methods as well as knowledge about the network elements of a power generation plant themselves and the related model algorithms.
- Experience with protection setting verification by means of Omicron or equivalent tool required.
- Very good English
- Capacity for teamwork is an important requirement.
- Stable employment within a growing and dynamic team
- Advancement opportunities in international team
- Competitive base pay
- A total rewards package, that includes: private health insurance, life & accidental insurance, foreign languages courses, Multisport package
- Company performance bonus program
- Work-life balance, semi-flexible working time
- Employee – friendly renumeration structrure based
on creative works (available for selected positions)