Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with approximately 100,000 employees in 72 countries and annual revenue of around € 12 billion. The European number one in Big Data, Cybersecurity, High Performance Computing and Digital Workplace, The Group provides Cloud services, Infrastructure & Data Management, Business & Platform solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies, digital expertise and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across various business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Energy & Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications and Transportation. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline. Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index. Atos has operated in Poland since 2000. The Group employs circa 5 000 people in its locations in Bydgoszcz, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Lodz, Torun, Krakow, Opole and Rzeszow.
Miejsce pracy: Wrocław
Our team develops and manages a portfolio of our many customers’ software and web application. We have built an extensive build-deploy pipeline to efficiently deliver our products to our end-customers and business colleagues. We are now looking for an experienced system engineer/developer to join the team and help us further expand and maintain our release infrastructure and toolset. As part of a multi-disciplined team, the Release Manager is responsible for ensuring that releases delivered into all controlled environments (Test and Production) are assessed, planned, scheduled, documented, authorized and that the content is known, agreed and of suitable quality. In addition the team will action, manage and monitor those deliveries, often Out of Hours to comply with Business Requirements.
This can include releases of Code onto the main banking systems but can also include the release of technical projects onto the estate (New Infrastructure, Upgrades, Corporate Services).
Depending on individual skills and knowledge the Release Manager will be engaged in (but not limited to):
- Work with the Team Leader to actively plan, schedule, co-ordinate and manage with Programme Managers, Project Managers, Testers, Configuration Managers, Build Managers, Business Users, Implementers, Data and System Administrators to ensure scheduled code releases are delivered within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Ensure Banking System environments are up to date by advising and offering baselined configurations to appropriate Environment Owners (in particular test Managers)
- Produce, agree and maintain Release Plans, Release Notes, Content and Delivery Notes, Baseline Release Schedules and supporting documentation with the appropriate Release stakeholders.
- Organize and run Release Boards with key Client and Atos stakeholders, ensure the Release is suitable to take to the Board.
- Prepare and distribute Summary and Signoff documents to Release Board members.
- Present the Release to the board and obtain authority to deploy.
- Perform analysis in order to respond to Contractual Obligations, Incident Reports, Requests for Change, Defect Reports, Project Assigned Work or project deliverables.
- Provide an evaluation of the viability, practicality and resource requirements of proposed changes, for Release Management Team Leader, Project Manager and Change Management.
- Ensure all requested Changes are analyzed, addressed, recorded & resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with the Release Team Leader to identify and document Project Service Acceptance for the Release Management Team.
- Plan, coordinate and assist chair of post go-live fallout meetings.
- Ensure Incident Reporting is monitored post go-live following any deployment.
- Prioritizing any fixes in warranty and where necessary organize scheduled and Emergency fixes to Live to address these.
- Document successes and issues for Lessons Learned meetings, coordinating all responses for the Release Management Team.
- Assist Environment Managers with the creation and maintenance of environments as directed.
- Opportunity to research potential deficiencies and improve adequately the solution applied according to recent state of the art and own experience.
To be suitable for the role the self-reliability, ability to solve multithread technical issues and effective communication in English are required.
The position will be located in our well communicated offices in Wroclaw/Warsaw depending on your preferences. At initial stage of a project traveling to West European, UK or Nordic countries for couple of weeks can be required.
- Competitive salary package
- Additional discretionary annual bonus for good performance
- Life insurance and outstanding private medical healthcare
- Work for an organization holding the "Best Pace to Work" title
- Work for worldwide software engineering company where software development is a core revenue stream
- Professional IT/Software oriented personal development and training program including industry standard certification path
- Relocation package if applicable
- German courses for lingual abilities improvement if preferred
- Participation in the international challenging IT activities along with opportunity of implementing own ideas and improvements
- Skills and knowledge development in rare beneficial areas
- Team work among real enthusiasts at discovering and utilizing latest tools and methodologies at variety of software projects for different sectors/domains
- Internal and external technology and tools trainings
- Access to our knowledge library and interdisciplinary IT e-learning portals
- Fluent communication in English
- Good understanding of structured test methods and software development processes
- Good or average experience in configuration management tools
- Good or average experience in Wintel and/or Linux environment
- At least 2 years of experience and interests in field of software manufacturing and ITIL organized environment
- At least 1 year of experience in field of Release Management
- Project/Service coordination/management experience will be desired advantage
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) will be desired advantage
- Resolving problems in a timely manner
- Being articulate and communicating effectively
- Planning and prioritizing tasks
During the interview we are also going to verify:
- Ability to work in a team, communication and open approach to people
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility
- Good organization of work, attention to details