Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Shell Krakow is currently recruiting for a Reporting Manager role, leading a team of analysts who are accountable to deliver accurate and timely financial information, interpret standards, provide advice and build capability within Shell Finance Operations for financial accounting and reporting.
This role offer a unique opportunity for a well-established, professional accountant to lead a small team of senior finance professionals, dealing with a wide range of financial accounting issues and to interface with senior management in the Shell Finance Function and Shell Businesses.
Co-ordinate and manage :
- Preparation of Financial Statements and supporting information, commentaries and variance analyses, including for statutory reporting.
- Preparation of Management Information.
- Manage relationships with auditors; resolve accounting related issues and quarterly control/closing issues in a timely manner
- Provide advice and support to the finance and business community on reporting and accounting matters, in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Support the maintenance and operations of a robust control framework around reporting, through risk assessments and operation of controls throughout the reporting cycles
- Involves high level of pressure at times, and the ability to work effectively under pressure is very important.
- Ability to coordinate a wide range of tasks at any one time while maintaining top-quality analysis and delivering on time.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix environment as knowledge of many different disciplines and areas is required to be able to deliver.
- Balancing leadership of a team with strong personal delivery and leadership on accounting and reporting issues
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACCA, CIMA) with accounting, financial, economics and/or business administration qualification.
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial accounting and reporting framework and regulations.
- Practical understanding of reporting processes, including experience with internal and external reporting under IFRS. Previous experience obtained in business is an advantage.
- Experience in managing a small team of finance professionals
- Good understanding of (SOx) Control framework
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Willingness and capability to learn quickly and work effectively in a matrix environment.
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome