Currently the center is seeking candidates for the position:
Ref no: WRO001BQ
In departments: GDS Risk Management Services (RMS) – Independence
Auditor Independence is a regulatory requirement that aims to create an ‘arm’s length’ distance between the Accounting Firm, its client serving employees and our Public Interest Entity (PIE) audit clients. This is done to ensure that that EY Member Practices and their professionals should be (in fact) and should appear to be (in appearance) free from interests that might be regarded as being incompatible with objectivity, integrity, and impartiality of the audit. Breaching these rules can have serious implications including the loss of clients, fines or other sanctions as well as reputational damage.
RMS Independence team is responsible for managing and executing various internal processes to ensure that the Firm and its professionals are in compliance with the auditor independence rules and regulations imposed by external regulatory bodies (eg FRC, SEC, IESBA, EU). Changes in the audit market as a result of a new regulatory landscape and EY’s Vision 2020 growth strategy has placed significant additional demands on the Independence Team and we are looking for dynamic professionals to support our expansion plans and be able to support EY in responding to these challenges.
RMS Independence team works with Audit engagement teams / Country Independence teams across EY for completing various work programs that aim to assess our Independence on an ongoing basis or before entering into a business, client or financial relationship with an existing or proposed PIE audit clients.
The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Develop good understanding of assigned Independence processes and related tools & databases
- Provide additional insights related to assigned projects to improve output
- Execute processes in line with standard operating procedures
- Reviewing clients request quickly and effectively
- Additional support in project/task assignments, as assigned
- 0 to 2 years of experience relevant business research/analysis role, highly desired
- Master degree in business administration or a related field
- Good understanding of MS Office package (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrable research skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage own workflow/priorities accordingly
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, working in teams
- Desire to exceed client expectations
The language of the business is English