Scala Developer (or Java to be Scala)
In Schibsted Tech Polska (STP) we have freedom to do great work and the challenge of using our skills and ambitions to drive the future of the web. We have an inspiring culture which provides room for growth and innovation. We work for Scandinavian market which is very unique and special also ensuring us to have stable jobs in a very supportive environment.
For more information go to www.schibsted.pl
Schibsted Tech Poland is a core R&D center for Schibsted media houses around the world. With two locations in Poland (Gdańsk and Kraków) we are over 170 developers. If you have an unparalleled passion for web technologies, and a reputation of master developer, there is no-one else we would rather hear from but YOU!
We are looking for Backend engineers to work with mission critical systems accounting for around 150 million Euros in advertising revenue. Advertising Solutions is a relatively new area in Media organisation which houses engineering teams for our back-office systems used by various sales organisations at Schibsted. These systems include Rose which is used to book advertising campaigns and Vantage which provides campaign reporting.
We are now looking to establish a team to own and operate the Advertising API that underpins these products, along with others within Schibsted. You will be off to a running start and will have to learn the ropes of existing systems with the help of our established teams, plan and execute on the hand-over from the current team in London. Expect initial travels to London and/or hosting the London team members locally.
Once you learn the system you and your teammates will continuously work on its technical evolution, scaling and simplification. You will be expected to be an active participant when deciding how to implement new features together with the neighbouring teams that depend on you for their work
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- You need to be well-versed in distributed systems consisting of multiple services and datastores.
- You will need to either be proficient in Scala or be willing to extend your existing knowledge of other JVM based languages; you will also need to understand and/or be willing to learn functional programming principles.
- The team is expected to be self-sufficient and as such you must be interested in more than just writing code.
- You will have to check third-party documentation, support users, debug, maintain and operate the system as well as gaining knowledge in the ad-tech domain.
- Experience of AWS in general and Kinesis, EMR and Cloudformation in particular, common Scala tools and libraries such as Finagle, Finatra, Slick as well as API gateway Kong, Hadoop, Spark and Apache Airflow are all a plus.
- You will also be required to be comfortable will relational databases in general and Postgresql in particular.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.
- Social benefits (multisport card, life insurance, medical health care and other)
- Mobile phone on a subsidised monthly contract
- In-house English lessons
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work remotely from time to time
- Ergonomic workstations
- Trips to Sweden
- Conferences and seminars run as part of individual training budgets
- Yearly bonus depending on performance
- Option of Employee Share Saving Plan
- Relocation package
- 4 additional vacation days
- 2 additional weeks of paternal leave