Senior Application Engineer
Ref no: WRO001B7
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and deliver technical systems.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g. Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimation, Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)]
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other EY TECHNOLOGY groups
- Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary
- Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications
- Provide thought leadership and technical guidance to engineering staff
- Application Development Work breakdown structure
- Solutions Design Documents
- Release Packages
- Hand-over documentation for operations
- Unit Test Scripts
- Assign tasks to developers
- Review of code completed
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree at university level
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- 7+ years of HTML experience, HTML 5 is a plus
- 5-7 years of CSS experience
- 4+ years of jQuery experience
- 1+ years of JSON experience
- 4+ years of ASP.NET experience
- 2-4 years of WCF experience
- 1+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework
- 5-7 years of experience of working with web applications that has a SQL Server backend.
- 5+ years of experience working with SSRS, SSIS and SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012
- 7+ years of SQL Programming experience
- 4+ years of experience working on N-Tier'd applications
- A firm grasp of design concepts such as Responsive Design, Progressive Enhancement, Adaptive Rendering, and Minimal Download Strategy
- Strong understanding on client side performance optimization techniques
- Experience working in Agile Development Methodologies and frameworks
- 1-3 years of experience with Team Foundation Server
Who we look for?
We love working with people who are passionate about their job and have amazing skills in their area a think that: you’re an expert in the field with highly developed business and interpersonal skills, you’re always ready to face new professional challenges, you’re a person with a great sense of humor and you’re open to cross-border experiences; it’s a role for you.
If you feel that the role suits your personal goals and career path, please send us your current resume.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.