HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o. is a part of HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from over 6,300 offices in over 75 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Currently, we are looking for a candidate for the position of:
Senior Business Data Architect
Ref No: HTK/SBDA/03/2018
- Develop, model, agree, govern and document specific domains of the HSBC Business Information Model
- Support the alignment of key IT programmes to HBIM and all BDA frameworks.
- Develop, maintain and support different sets of critical data elements, their definitions and related metadata.
- Develop and support business data lineage discovery, maintenance, governance and exploitation.
- Develop and support business semantic glossary and CDA/CDE traceability
- Lead and support the integration of the different parts of the business data architecture with the other functions within data services; data quality, data governance, data policy, data classification, customer data management and reference data management.
- Lead and support the BCBS 239, GDPR, Cybersecurity and Data Governance programmes in regards to HBIM, Data Lineage, Golden Sources, Data Definitions, Ownership metadata, Asset Classification and Data rules metadata.
- Identify and manage RAIDs for specific domains of the business information model.
- Develop and support information security asset classification, data privacy risk asset classification, data quality risk asset classification.
- Assist with building the requirements for open positions in order to target the Krakow talent.
- Initial review of resumes and/or interviews with candidates.
- Communication with hiring managers on candidate slates, providing feedback and guidance.
- GB/GF Business Data Architects, Data Governance Managers & Analysts, Data Modelers and Data&Business Analysts who actively maintain, govern or use parts of the HBIM, Definitions, Lineage, Golden Sources, Data Lifecycles, etc.
- GB/GF IT Data Architects (CDAs), IT Business Architects, Application Architects, Designers and Software Engineers who actively create and maintain data designs for HSBC solutions.
- GB/GF Analysts and project managers working in metadata discovery and maintenance for data programmes.
- Lead development and cross GB/GF agreement of definitions, business terms and rules for specific domains.
- Build a trust advisor relationship with GB/GF CDO teams.
- Understand and manage expectations for GB/GF CDO team requirements.
- Accept accountability for specific Data Programme deliverables and lead their completion.
- Take responsibility for progress of deliverables within Krakow team and ensure they are delivered on time.
- Communicate in timely manner, with clarity and needed transparency.
- Build trust within Data Services team and the greater HSBC Krakow community.
- Experience of working in development and or leading development of business data and information models.
- Experience in definition and Information model governance.
- Experience developing business data requirements across one or more sectors of Financial Services industry
- Experience in building and maintaining business data dictionaries
- Strong project management delivery record
- Experience in business metadata management
- Experience as a Data Architect, Data Quality Manager or Data Manager
- Experience in discovering, documenting and maintaining metadata
- Experience working and integrating business data models with business capabilities and IT capabilities
- Experience in data analytics, ensuring data quality and data integrity
- Experience in importing, extracting and exporting data
- Experience in collecting data to assist with product development or analysis
- Knowledge of one or more database like MS SQL, Teradata, DB2 and in Big Data Concept
- Knowledge of connections of tables, data lineage (in a case of two warehouses) and data modelling - logical/physical
- Knowledge of business and data architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of physical data analysis and profiling
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigor and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong English communication skills – applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations) with all level of stakeholders
- Very good conflict resolution skills
- Typical qualifications would include a Bachelor’s degree / equivalent experience and or the role holder will have professional qualifications in Project/Programme Management e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment is desirable
- Attention to detail; highly organized and results oriented
- Motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.