For our client, an international manufacturing company, we are currently looking for the candidate for the position of:
- Managing assigned commodity to meet time schedules and budget discipline.
- Overseeing and ensuring supplier’s APQP process participation, via APQP kick off and ongoing APQP status reviews.
- Responsible for identifying suppliers to ensure advancement leadership position by contacting the best suppliers.
- Working on suppliers’ developing to support them in meeting and/or exceeding long-term expectations regarding to innovation, quality, delivery, cost and continuous improvements activities.
- Ensuring that supplier’s documentation is received on time and is compliant (Process Flow Charts, Control Plans, Design FMEA’s, Process FMEA’s Drawing Change Requests, evidence of APQP progression, etc.).
- Managing all commercial relations with the Supply Base including Security Agreements, Quotation Analysis, Negotiations, Supplier Selection and Supplier Nomination, Production Procurement, Contract Development and Annual Improvement Factor (AIF)
- Selecting and developing the best suppliers basin on their appraisal, manufacturing capacity, financial conditions and engineering knowledge.
- Estimating potential risk and protecting corporate interests through knowledge
of contract law and its applications.
- Working as a part of cross-functional team (together with Product Engineers, Materials/Scheduling Managers, Manufacturing Supervisors, Sales Program Management, Design Release Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers/Managers, etc.) as means of managing all commodities included in assigned new program launches.
- Ensuring achievement of contractual annual material cost reduction from external Suppliers according to company’s policy.
- Executing assigned tasks, strategies and directives of the Director, Advanced Purchasing in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Actively pursuing of new supplier technologies (process and/or design) that support cost reduction initiatives and the.
- Negotiating Long-Term Agreements and/or Nomination Letters with suppliers.
- Visiting frequently suppliers as required to perform suppliers’ assessments, monitoring production readiness, problem solving and/or generally to support them in development opportunities.
Ca. 5 years of related experience in supply chain and/or procurement function, preferably in industrial manufacturing.
3-5 years of commodity negotiation experience in a commodity related to metal commodity (welded, machined parts, metal painting process).
Knowledge of materials manufacturing value stream and production processes.
Working knowledge of the global materials commodity markets, cost structure, suppliers and related factors.
Ability to speak and write fluent English.
Advanced skills in navigate MSOffice Excel.
Ability to navigate and work effectively in a large corporate matrix organization.
Ability to cooperate with teams to achieve personal and company stretch goals.